Probably, the perfect flashlight

Back when I wasn't WFH full time, I literally would use my Fenix PD35 once or twice a day in IT, either using it under desks, using it to read serial numbers on things in dark areas, etc, etc, ad
nauseam. And at night when moving stuff in and out of my cars or trying to find stuff, having a flashlight around is invaluable.

Is it "required" not particularly. I could just use the shitty flashlight built into one of my phones, sure. But its a lot less convenient.

ETA: After it awhile it becomes like a pocket knife. You eventually miss not having it there. Like the holster that came with my PD35 broke and it sucks not having the
flashlight right there. (I just ordered another holster).

If you have a boring existence it might be less useful.
im about as boring as it gets, but i always seem to need a flash light.
i do like simple, i need on and off .
I dont carry a flash light on my person much anymore. i do have flash lights scattered everywhere. From good to cheap.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUIogh3cteY

This will be the gift the Mrs. (her idea) and I are buying for a few close friends and some family members this Christmas.

I only buy Fenix and only do business with http://fenixlighting.com-don't work for/ benefit in any way from either-aside from receiving an excellent product from excellent people.

was disappointed to see batteries not included.
That toggle switch seems like a weak spot and annoys me that you need to remove the battery pack to charge it?

The batteries do of course add significant cost as does the charger but I assure all that the performance makes the total cost a bargain. There really isn't what I would call a 'toggle' switch on the TK35UE , on the tailcap it has a rubber enclosed clicky-then a combo rotary click switch that selects a tactical mode/regular mode and lock out additionally this selector contains the battery level light and the center serves as the output level selector. Charging does not require removal of the battery pack it does however require removal of the head and movement of the battery pack slightly to expose the usb charging plug. Certainly this could have been put on the barrel or head assembly but I imagine that the water resistance factor would have been compromised. In just about two years we have never used the charging port on the battery cradle as it is far easier and faster to simply replace the batteries with charged ones, we have about 14 18650's. Doesn't sound like much until you realize that they are approx $20.00 each....

The strobe and sos features may not make sense to some but the Mrs. and I would rather have these than not. We have one multi color light, Fenix LD75C and honestly I really see no compelling reason to have a red/blue and green option.

Remember just a few key facts about led flashlights; no light that I am aware of is can legally be marked as 'Made in the USA' please read (again?) the FTC link I posted if anyone takes exception to this statement-the performance of the 'American' branded lights are vastly inferior to even the least expensive Chinese made lights in output/run time/beam pattern and with regard to at least one domestic name-warranty.

But mostly know that if you have not used a true pro quality led flashlight lately you really don't know what you are missing-literally.

Any Police Officer or first responder would be well served by having a TK35UE of this I am certain-as for search and rescue there are perhaps other models better suited.

The only caution I would offer is to be wary of becoming lumen obsessed. In wide open spaces perhaps one cannot have enough-depending on level spacing and run times in other applications the excessive energy can be a significant liability and reflected energy can become life threatening.

Having posted this I will admit that my final purchase will be a Fenix RC40.

Last edited:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUIogh3cteY

This will be the gift the Mrs. (her idea) and I are buying for a few close friends and some family members this Christmas.

I only buy Fenix and only do business with http://fenixlighting.com-don't work for/ benefit in any way from either-aside from receiving an excellent product from excellent people.

Your stock just went up some more, ordered two flashlights last night during the power outage.

Which ones, from who?-no stock, no financial benefit all from Fenix sales from any distributor.
He is probably referring to you touting Fenix so much, that’s the way I read it but either way your not wrong. I’m a Fenix/Nitecore guy and love both companies product line. My favorite is the Fenix TKR20, I got 3 of them mounted on my AR’s and another in my kit.

Yup, that's what I was referring to. Felt like an advertisement. Hence, the slight ball busting. Doesn't matter in the end, ordered a couple of lights to try out. Can't have too many lights, I can only find half of them at any given time.

Back
Top Bottom