• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Professional law enforcement in action

So there were 7 "agents"? Where do you think the internal investigation is gonna go, once they sit together over a beer and get their stories straightned out? They could make her look like Ted Bundy in court.

Over-policing runs rampant, and the "extra" work is fought for tooth and nail by the police unions. It's the reason why we have at least one, sometimes more police officers standing around an open hole in the ground playing on their cellphones while road construction is going on. One more argument against public sector unions.

"Chapman stood by the agents' decision to file charges, citing faith in a process that yielded an appropriate resolution."

Of a group seven agents, none had the leadership skills to get the group to admit or understand their f&^% up on scene. They were hoping they could get a charge to stick, thereby decreasing their culpability.

Credit to the girls for escaping the original dangerous situation and calling 911 immediately.

If you need any more evidence that this country has pretty much entered the realm of full retard - then I really have to wonder as to your sanity.

Even if she was buying beer.

So what.

The fact that they just bought water only drives the point home.

Face it. The US is now in full fail mode.

Can someone please explain how trained ABC agents can't tell a 6 pack of water from a 6 pack of beer?

When I was in high school I had a friend who drove a mid-70's full size Oldsmobile whatever. Back then full size meant that you could lay out - LEGS EXTENDED - in the rear seat and take a nap. It also meant the trunk would fit probably 4 or 5 adult human bodies.

Since he had a license - and the biggest car - he ended up being the guy that drove everybody to parties. When everybody was drinking out in the woods - all the beer cans got tossed in the trunk. Mid 70's cars would start getting rust on them after only 4 or 5 years. So by the time he got the car the bottom of the rear fenders was pretty well rusted out.

First point: the car would still pass inspection even though there were rust holes in it. The rust Nazis hadn't yet gotten power in the inspection process.

second point: beer cans fall out of trunks once the holes get big enough or the weight of a trunk full of beer cans and bottles starts to push them out the holes.

Roads also weren't generally maintained as well back then as they are now - so the potholes would jar cans out thru the rust holes.

So yeah - here's a high school kid driving around with a massive car who's trunk is full of empty beer cans and bottles and they're falling out on road. He got pulled over occasionally. What happened? NOTHING. I think he might have gotten a ticket for littering or something like that once. He was still underage.

Point?: We've gone full retard. When a 20 year old girl (old enough to have been to Iraq and have killed a bunch of people in the service of her country) - can get arrested by a bunch of costumed goons who jump on hoods and brandish guns - then we've pretty much reached the end of the line people.

things here are getting more ****ed-up by the day

where is wide-spread national cover in media of police misconduct. who is there to question legality of their action? oh, wait let's have SD puff their chest and threaten Russia with consequences. That was once almost ended with nothing.

It's not just the cops - the cops are only enforcing laws the political process has jammed down their throat - and those laws are supported by a large part of the public.

This is a cop fail - but it's also basically a canary in the coalmine type incident that just shows up the United States as a whole has basically become some sort of Idiocracy version of a police state.

Reeks of CYA....what was their reasoning for the approach? You have an illegal arrest here. They impeded her movement and prevented her from leaving (arrest ladies and gentlemen) before having PC that an arrestable offense occurred. They acted inappropriatly and had to manufacture an arrestable charge once they realized her grocery bag contained.....groceries. You kind of need to have reasons to detain and arrest people. The DA dropped the charge as it was impossible to win. This girl should be looking for counsel and force the ABCC to pay dearly for improperly taking her liberty (and food) away from her.

The brass will cover for them. They can't be fired. Other officers will become emboldened.

Only one way to stop this type of behavior.

Those girls are scum. I'm glad that sting got them off the streets even if just for one night. I was wondering why I had slept so well. [rolleyes]

And jumping on the hood of her car. They had to draw down on her in case she screamed or blew a rape whistle.

With: A) the element of surprise, B) outnumbering by more than 2:1, C) training and D) unlimited backup you'd think they'd handle even the biggest beer-buying scofflaw a little better. Nevermind that they were dealing with three 20 year old girls.

And what made them think the girls were underage? They didn't know what they bought so they clearly hadn't been asked to provide ID.

Doesn't matter, I was literally roughed up by the booze police in a local parking lot at the age of 24. And people wonder what my problem with police is.

Sadly I am starting to think "Professional Law Enforcement" is an oxymoron.

Maybe it's me, I dunno, but it seems like sooo many of these guys/gals are just so over the top, they completely lose sight of reality.

Sadly I am starting to think "Professional Law Enforcement" is an oxymoron.

Maybe it's me, I dunno, but it seems like sooo many of these guys/gals are just so over the top, they completely lose sight of reality.

Actually I think just law enforcement is an oxymoron now, they should just be labeled as Nazi's, it's what I do!

Charles.

Why dont all you LEO haters go apply, train and perform the duties of a Police Officer every day. Deal with scum of the earth every day. Deal with people who would try and do harm to you any chance they get. Pull into accident scenes that have a drunk driver and a mutilated kid. Ya'll are so smart and tough why dont you go try and get the job and make it better?

So many hypocrites in this forum it makes me sick.

Well, in that case, I'll answer your query like this.

Why? I don't have the temperament for it, I unlike many of them, know that about myself, many of them, should just walk away, they are not geared towards the stress level that comes along with the position.

That is as always, my opinion

Negative. Nice try though.

Why dont all you LEO haters go apply, train and perform the duties of a Police Officer every day. Deal with scum of the earth every day. Deal with people who would try and do harm to you any chance they get. Pull into accident scenes that have a drunk driver and a mutilated kid. Ya'll are so smart and tough why dont you go try and get the job and make it better?

I'm not a hater at all, but PLEASE(!!!), you must admit, in this case LE went to far??? [rolleyes]

Back when 18 was the legal drinking age this would have never happened. Much of the blame lies with the GD do-gooders from MADD and SADD. Underage drinking didn't stop.

Most every state has some kind of A B C enforcement including Mass. Before you get your drawers in a snit, it's what these bozos do for a living. We let it happen, just like the militarization of the police. You tolerated, hence you validated....and bitchin' 'bout it on some Internet forum don't mean squat. You want the power back to the people, well you are going to have to take it back either using our system to effect change...or not. Who volunteers? nobody I can see... Ho Hum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of what you said above give them the go ahead to shit allover our rights? Screw. Blanket apologists make me sick.

Been there, done that. Also married a cop. Only hate the idiots like these and the LCD (Lowest Common Denominator), otherwise unemployable jerk offs who think the badge makes them a God. Your posting here has no direct correlation to the original story. The Chief actually condones these agent's actions! Must we submit to Police Authority without question? Welcome to Amerika, comrade!

And so having to deal with douchey people every day now becomes a justification for going after people buying.................................. WATER?

If you're a LEO - why don't YOU make it better? All you're basically doing in your response is trying to come up with an excuse for these guys acting like a bunch of douches and potentially ruining somebody's life - if not shooting them and actually taking their life - OVER BOTTLES OF WATER.

Back when 18 was the legal drinking age this would have never happened. Much of the blame lies with the GD do-gooders from MADD and SADD. Underage drinking didn't stop.

Most every state has some kind of A B C enforcement including Mass. Before you get your drawers in a snit, it's what these bozos do for a living. We let it happen, just like the militarization of the police. You tolerated, hence you validated....and bitchin' 'bout it on some Internet forum don't mean squat. You want the power back to the people, well you are going to have to take it back either using our system to effect change...or not. Who volunteers? nobody I can see... Ho Hum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.

Back when 18 was the legal drinking age and before MADD and SADD were around the entire society was a lot more lenient on drinking. If you did something stupid while drunk you would get the force of the law up your ass - and there were still drunk driving arrests , but you had to be noticeably not in control of the vehicle before it would happen.

I have friends who crashed vehicles and rolled them over while driving home drunk. Cop shows up - car is off the road on it's roof - guy is sitting by the side of the road after having extricated himself from the car , cop shows up asks him if he's been drinking - he says yes, and the cop put him in the back seat of the car and drove him home.

Nobody besides the guy driving the car was harmed. So there was no crime. This USED TO be the attitude taken by a lot of law enforcement. We have moved very far along the road toward having some sort of Minority Report type crime system where basically even the thought you might commit a crime will now be used against you.

The problem lies with society and the legal system and the political system - AND THE POLICE.

Well, here's a quote from a very well respected cop on this very incident and how he and other members of his department handle things with alcohol and under aged kids in Fla. Maybe you ought to read it and take a couple of notes, you might save yourself from being a defendant in the future.

"Good Gawd, ONE officer needed to simply walk over, politely ID himself as an ABC agent, present creds, explain the reason for detaining her, and ask what the beverages were. It would have been over in seconds, all the while, his buddies could have all watched in awe at his professional demeanor and kept a lookout for "True evildoers".
Thats it, thats all we do on spring break with minors walking on the State right of way with Alcohol.
If they run, you get a chuckle watching a drunken tired teenager run away. We're not chasing a panicked kid into traffic for an alcohol violation. You know why, odds are, he's running back to his hotel anyway to hole up for the night. Problem solved.

Im of the opinion more and more, LE has lost focus on the simple things, the simple rules. Basic interpersonal skills being one of them.
Granted not all persons I make contact with have those skills, nor do all of them have a desire to use them, but I like to give them the opportunity to utilize them by using them myself.
It's a nice way to start a dialogue.
I think as society degrades, so does the skillset of what once was considered a job of "Professionals".
It truly saddens me, because I know we are on our way to a totalitarian police state."

Well, here's a quote from a very well respected cop on this very incident and how he and other members of his department handle things with alcohol and under aged kids in Fla. Maybe you ought to read it and take a couple of notes, you might save yourself from being a defendant in the future.

"Good Gawd, ONE officer needed to simply walk over, politely ID himself as an ABC agent, present creds, explain the reason for detaining her, and ask what the beverages were. It would have been over in seconds, all the while, his buddies could have all watched in awe at his professional demeanor and kept a lookout for "True evildoers".
Thats it, thats all we do on spring break with minors walking on the State right of way with Alcohol.
If they run, you get a chuckle watching a drunken tired teenager run away. We're not chasing a panicked kid into traffic for an alcohol violation. You know why, odds are, he's running back to his hotel anyway to hole up for the night. Problem solved.

Im of the opinion more and more, LE has lost focus on the simple things, the simple rules. Basic interpersonal skills being one of them.
Granted not all persons I make contact with have those skills, nor do all of them have a desire to use them, but I like to give them the opportunity to utilize them by using them myself.
It's a nice way to start a dialogue.
I think as society degrades, so does the skillset of what once was considered a job of "Professionals".
It truly saddens me, because I know we are on our way to a totalitarian police state."

Excellent post! A cop using common sense. These a rapidly going the way of the Dodo bird!

Back
Top Bottom