• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Proposed 50% tax on ammo

The real end-game of allowing states to enforce sales tax on mail-order vendors?

Even without that, given how it is "sales and use tax", they'll just go after the out-of-state sourcing with tax evasion charges.

I almost want to see this pass, just to get the question in front of SCOTUS as a potential precedent setter for a future challenge to the NFA and Hughes -- at what point does a targeted tax with the clear intent to suppress the exercise of a right become unconstitutional?

This is sure to take a huge bite out of violent crime! I imagine the number of gang related shootings will start to drop immediately.

I'm sure all those bangers in Hartford, Bridgeport, and New Haven will just give up and become upstanding citizens. All because ammo costs 75 cents a round instead of 50 cents.

I said this in the post Newtown craziness.

If you have any curiosity to do so, start reloading.

My access to ammunition was completely uninterrupted during the panic buying after Newtown.

I had multiple years worth of primers and powder on hand. (One 8 lb jug of powder is enough for roughly 12,000 rounds of 9mm)
I had buckets of range pickup brass, and bullets were never in short supply.

Reload yourself and save the worry about this kind of crap.

I said this in the post Newtown craziness.

If you have any curiosity to do so, start reloading.

My access to ammunition was completely uninterrupted during the panic buying after Newtown.

I had multiple years worth of primers and powder on hand. (One 8 lb jug of powder is enough for roughly 12,000 rounds of 9mm)
I had buckets of range pickup brass, and bullets were never in short supply.

Reload yourself and save the worry about this kind of crap.

This is the main reason I reload. I can guarantee myself an uninterrupted ammunition supply regardless of political upheaval or supply chain issues.

Back
Top Bottom