PSA: New "Best Value Ammo" BSP stamped green sealant 762X39 ammo is CORROSIVE

puška m70

NES Member
BSP kyrgz made ammo coming in under several names including Best Value Ammo.. it is marked as non corrosive but there are a lot of reports from users saying it IS CORROSIVE. I shot a few hundred rounds of this last week and didn't clean my AK, and now it's freaking rusty!!!!

edit: wrong forum, please move to ammo

Last edited:
BSP kyrgz made ammo coming in under several names including Best Value Ammo.. it is marked as non corrosive but there are a lot of reports from users saying it IS CORROSIVE. I shot a few hundred rounds of this last week and didn't clean my AK, and now it's freaking rusty!!!!
The blue and white box stuff?? I’ve shot a bit of it in my AR and didn’t notice any rust. Haven’t shot it in the AK yet

Who’s saying it’s corrosive? Someone on AKFiles?

Several people on some other forums, and my expensive collectable AKs would agree with the fact that it's corrisive. Just checked them a week after shooting this stuff... i didn't clean them. Yup they got rust...
Damn. I got like 160 rounds left of this stuff. And about 200 rounds of their 223. Hmmm

It’s even more false advertising that they used old boxes marked “Made in Russia.” Says a lot about BVA that they couldn’t fork over the cash for new boxes, if you ask me
Looks like they kept almost identical packaging but removed “made in Russia” and now the headstamp is BVA and has a green sealant. Damn
1650840182378.png

Several people on some other forums, and my expensive collectable AKs would agree with the fact that it's corrisive. Just checked them a week after shooting this stuff... i didn't clean them. Yup they got rust...

I sympathize with you. I own expensive guns too. And labelling corrosive ammo as noncorrosive is fraud, plain and simple.

But.

When people ask me why I clean after every range trip? This is why I clean after every range trip.

Thanks for the heads up. Corrosive ammo can cause a lot of rust in a short period of time. I shot the RPK-74 in this pic last weekend with a mix of ammo including 7n6, and the gas tube was starting to show some rust after only 3 days. I always try to at least clean gas tubes after shooting because of the buildup of moisture and powder residue, but this time I had to wait a few days and lesson learned. (Want to see a grown man cry? Have him open his rare AK a week after shooting corrosive ammo!)

IMG_1474(1).jpg

Last edited:
I am PISSED, it's label non corrosive. Like new, collectable, milled import gun that is very expensive......... first 200 rds of it's life was this stuff and left uncleaned for a week
Why are we putting 200 rounds of cheap shit through a like new collectable ?
Like new collectable should be getting lapua! Or buy cheap pos AK for range?
You guys are silly. Like my friend who bought one of those $3000 LaRue ARs and dumps steel cased shit ammo and wonders why it shoots shitty
Maybe you guys are to young to remember when 7.62x39 started coming in as non corrosive hunting ammo . Everyone laughed and said yeah right!

Thanks for the heads up. Corrosive ammo can cause a lot of rust in a short period of time. I shot the RPK-74 in this pic last weekend with a mix of ammo including 7n6, and the gas tube was starting to show some rust after only 3 days. I always try to at least clean gas tubes after shooting because of the buildup of moisture and powder residue, but this time I had to wait a few days and lesson learned. (Want to see a grown man cry? Have him open his rare AK a week after shooting corrosive ammo!)

View attachment 607620
Those are purdy.

Just noticed BVA revised the ammo description on their site to say it’s corrosive primed.

The lot is dated 2020 so it was probably not made with the American commercial market in mind and could explain the corrosive primers.

From the Bishkek Stamping Plant. Best Value ammo is carrying it and says non corrosive. Outdoors Limited(pictured below) is saying to consider it corrosive...

View attachment 607788

This ammo is made at the former Frunze (Factory 60) Soviet era ammo plant. The name was changed to Bishkek after the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991.

At this point I am hearing that we should consider all of this new branding/packaging repacked military 7.62x39 to be corrosive. I am going to be considering the TSUSA Republic Range and Training to be corrisove at this point due to rust in my gas tube/on the piston/gas block after shooting a mix of BVA Vympel purple, Tula and Republic Range.
Good call on the Republic from TSUSA. It’s Barnaul manufactured but intended for the government of Belarus. It might be corrosive, I don’t know, I haven’t shot any yet.

Good call on the Republic from TSUSA. It’s Barnaul manufactured but intended for the government of Belarus. It might be corrosive, I don’t know, I haven’t shot any yet.
The case I shot wasn’t. But that was last year

BVA changed the description now I see. Looks like they want to downplay the corrosiveness

This ammo is not remanufactured; it is brand-new, with a lacquered steel case, sealed corrosive primer, and case mouth. It’s harmless to your firearm if you clean the bolt, barrel, and gas system after each use.
The reduced cost and long shelf life (approx. 25 years) of corrosive surplus ammo makes it ideal for stocking up, and you can rest assured that it will fire when the time comes for you to use it.”

That's great, but what about the many customers who don't clean the bolt, barrel, and gas system after each use because they bought + shot ammo labeled, marketed and sold as 'non-corrosive?' Gonna suck for the people who bought this, shot it, and put the gun back in the safe without doing that.

A LOT of gun owners are infrequent shooters who also do not clean their AKs often. I'm thankful I only let mine sit for a week but it still was pretty crusty and musty and rusty.
Yeah they need to just own up and say it’s corrosive and leave it at that. It’s obvious it’s not selling well now that they mentioned it’s corrosive. Just a guess

Back
Top Bottom