PSA To Make STG-44 Replicas In .556, .300 Blackout & 7.62x39

Like most others here, if I could get my hands on an genuine STG-44 kit for less than the cost of a kidney I'd do it before I spent the kind of money it's gonna take for this type of replica. The .22 replica was correctly priced for what it was and was why it sold out so quickly IMHO

Last edited:
SKS is definitely not a "dirt cheap" gun anymore.
I got mine in trade for an elderly Smith & Wesson 36. I think I made out like a bandit, considering snubbies are still around 4-500 and SKSs are now kissing, what, 800 or so?

Early Sino-Soviet, to boot. Chambering it in anything but 7.62x39 is a sin against man and nature.

I got mine in trade for an elderly Smith & Wesson 36. I think I made out like a bandit, considering snubbies are still around 4-500 and SKSs are now kissing, what, 800 or so?

Early Sino-Soviet, to boot. Chambering it in anything but 7.62x39 is a sin against man and nature.
When I moved to FL I sold a bunch of guns. My Yugo SKS was one of them. Got 2x more for it than I bought it for and that includes the consignment fee. I think I bought it in 2011/12ish

Can we wrap it in MLOK, at least? Maybe some pic rail?

Modern rifles are lame AF. Why do we want yet another "modern" rifle in the sea of sh*t full of "modern rifles"?
Another spin on the AR?
Another PCC? (Henry has one if you want another option)
Another .22?
Do you want more rails? More tactical?

Now you have the lot lizard if you want another useless modern rifle.

F*ck that noise.

People are so tired of the same old crap they pay $150+ for wooden furniture for their AR [laugh]

If someone wants 30' of rails they can buy an AR. For everyone else that appreciates a nice looking rifle that doesn't have $500 of airsoft parts hanging all over it, and wants to shoot something that is fun and different, there is the STG.

I think this STG looks awesome. I want one.
Hey, take it easy on the lot lizard!!

You make a joke out of it but NES has plenty of skinflints who do what you are now irl [rofl]
The same ones who drop stoopid money on a “Pre Healey” or $2-3k on safe queen race gun.
They let it slip in this newest video:

"A little North of $2000"

View: https://youtu.be/23T_TyHPHdI

That’s what I expect. Definitely going to need some solid reviews before I dive in but I look forward to carrying this during the end times. I’m sure someone will enjoy the common caliber choice when they loot it from my rotting corpse…

Make me a working (WORKING!) reasonably-priced MP40 replica in 9mm and I'd be in. I think the STG44 is cool and all, but it didn't get a lot of play when I grew up. (Side note - watched the beginning of Fury this past weekend - Brad fields one at least early in the movie. Seemed like a "hey, wouldn't this be cool" type tech add-in versus a "hey this guy should be shooting a. . ." type decision.

Get me that working MP40. Carl had one of the old ones several years ago. I think it was close to $3K then. I almost jumped.

I'd buy an STG-44 just to larp as Hugo Stiglitz.... Or was it Lt. Aldo Raine?

I need my 100 scalps!

Last edited:
The STG44 was originally made with stamped metal, not quite a last ditch gun but getting close. I think this will translate well to a replica. The replicas of Tommy guns and M1 carbines are harder to replicate because of all the machining steps that went into them.

The STG44 was originally made with stamped metal, not quite a last ditch gun but getting close. I think this will translate well to a replica. The replicas of Tommy guns and M1 carbines are harder to replicate because of all the machining steps that went into them.
Yes and no? Yes for reasonable cost if they sell enough. What's enough? Enough to absorb the tooling cost for all those stampings. The stamping dies would take significant investment. I'd assume that machined receivers are more expensive because of materials and skilled machining man hours. Multi-axis CNC can do what originally was done with dedicated machines and tooling. Regardless, cool that PSA is making the replica.

Right guy, wrong movie. Brad carried one as Don Collier in 2014's Fury. (He might have carried one in IB, but it was a silly movie. The only redeeming quality was Melanie Laurent.
IB was great. Sadly, no STG-44 in IB.

Fury to me was far sillier. "solo tiger, advance! make it easier to get circle jerked by a sherman! for the sake of the fatherland plot!"

A lot of MP38 and MP40's used in IB though. Christoph Waltz played Hans Landa impeccably.

The main bad guy was also awesome in that movie, Quentin Tarantino always creates a great villain.
Inglourious Basterds Bingo GIF

Props to Christolph Waltz for his performance.

Yes. How could I forget Chris????? It was amazing. But Melanie just has this. . . . je nes said quoi.

Back
Top Bottom