• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PSA To Make STG-44 Replicas In .556, .300 Blackout & 7.62x39

Why?

I get there's this huge market for WW2 era arms for collectors, but these are replicas and don't offer anything that a modern rifle does.

PSA has been a darling of the firearm manufacturing world for years now, but I feel they're starting to stretch themselves thin.
Modern rifles are lame AF. Why do we want yet another "modern" rifle in the sea of sh*t full of "modern rifles"?
Another spin on the AR?
Another PCC? (Henry has one if you want another option)
Another .22?
Do you want more rails? More tactical?

Now you have the lot lizard if you want another useless modern rifle.

F*ck that noise.

People are so tired of the same old crap they pay $150+ for wooden furniture for their AR [laugh]

If someone wants 30' of rails they can buy an AR. For everyone else that appreciates a nice looking rifle that doesn't have $500 of airsoft parts hanging all over it, and wants to shoot something that is fun and different, there is the STG.

I think this STG looks awesome. I want one.

Last edited:
Build quality will be everything. If it has issues it will flame out, if it’s a sewing machine with great build quality they’ll be a hit.

I think the “why” has a lot to do with the fact that some people have lots of money and like shooting and owning certain guns despite those guns not being the most practical option. People probably aren’t buying these as nightstand or end of the world guns.
I would like to see one gun owner that only owns "practical" guns. That person must only own 3 guns.

To some people, like myself, it gets to a point buying more guns for the sake of buying guns is pointless. So, I have my EDC, but everything else I own is either for competition, could be used for hunting or is for fun - mostly fun.

Look at it like a Jeep or a truck. Most people don't need it, but they enjoy driving it so they own it.

I am not sure why some here don't get it.

Last edited:
I did find that they do make one in 9mm but $1300 is a bit much for a range toy, I know lumber is up there in price but a wood furniture firearm shouldn't cost that much unless it is premium construction not something made by kahr
Well, mine was manufactured by Auto Ordinance. :)
I like mine in .45 ACP as god intended. ;)

Video indicates that the original pre-orders would be honored at that price ($1,800) and PSA branded ones would be more.

$600 is a long way to fall, but if they ever dropped to that level I’d buy one.
They will never drop to 600, not unless these catch on (doubtful) and PSA cranks a bunch out and the interest in them suddenly drops.

do they make new Tommy guns in a modern cartridge?
45 ACP isn't a 'modern' cartridge? Maybe not, but it's still in heavy use. I get it more with this one, the original round would be cost prohibitive for 'most' people to shoot. Rechambering it makes sense. But how many of the 'Tommyguns' do they sell? That's pretty much your market.

45 ACP isn't a 'modern' cartridge? Maybe not, but it's still in heavy use. I get it more with this one, the original round would be cost prohibitive for 'most' people to shoot. Rechambering it makes sense. But how many of the 'Tommyguns' do they sell? That's pretty much your market.

Oh, I dunno. I'd never be interested in a Thompson with that daft long barrel, but I'd snap up an STG.

I think anyone who likes the AK and is interested in its history is likely to be interested in getting an STG. That's a big market, if the price is right.

If these get included in modern military competitions then these would be amazing to shoot alongside FALs and other heavy non-tactical historical modern military rifles. Totally badass and I hope they also make a 7.62 NATO version. I think people would pay for these and it would be a good sign of things to come in the way of more WWII recreations (grease guns etc.)

Meh, modern cartridge. Yawn.

Some of the best cartridges are old AF.
Even the 9mm is 122 years old.

I think anyone who likes the AK and is interested in its history is likely to be interested in getting an STG. That's a big market, if the price is right.
Exactly my line of thought. It will probably be too pricey for me though. Absent cost considerations, it would probably be my next purchase, in 7.62x39

I’d like to shoot one and try it out. Particularly in the actual 8mm Kurz. It would be pretty fun to try one out for a carbine class.

But I’ve realized I don’t need extra clutter in my life so owning one is out.
8mm or 300 blackout seems like the way to go. I'd put this in my top dozen or so guns I'd like to own. It'll probably cost more than I'm willing to spend though. There's plenty of people who will though.

Why?

I get there's this huge market for WW2 era arms for collectors, but these are replicas and don't offer anything that a modern rifle does.

People other than skinflints willl buy useless crap like that all day long, thats why... theres gold in them hills.

PSA has been a darling of the firearm manufacturing world for years now, but I feel they're starting to stretch themselves thin.

Starting? They cant deliver half the stuff the advertise. [rofl]

do they make new Tommy guns in a modern cartridge?

Likely nobody does this because its gun marketeing suicide, nobody would buy it

The demo that buys thompson semis is only going to buy them in 45.

These kinds of guns are weird guns for weird people, not mass market stuff.

Bro, stop calling me weird, it hurts my feelings.

FWIW I think an STG44 whateverclone would easily outsell the thompson, I'd never buy one of these things but if I was a gun shop I would want to see PSA follow through on this so I could sell a shitload of them to whoever. People would buy it just because it looks cool.

ETA: years ago GSG or someone made a high quality STG44 22LR clone.... those f***ing things sold in about 10 seconds, they came in a wooden crate.

Likely nobody does this because its gun marketeing suicide, nobody would buy it

The demo that buys thompson semis is only going to buy them in 45.

These kinds of guns are weird guns for weird people, not mass market stuff.
Hell a 9mm Thompson that didn’t weigh ten pounds would interest me but I also bought a PC-9 so there is that…

ETA: years ago GSG or someone made a high quality STG44 22LR clone.... those f***ing things sold in about 10 seconds, they came in a wooden crate.

I have one, and it's a blast to shoot, and it cycles as reliably as any Ruger 10/22 I've ever owned too.
IIRC, the price was somewhere around $300 and the mags hold 22 rounds.
It's almost a too accurate copy of the STG-44, because it's the same weight as a real one.

Since I can't get a real STG44 I'm interested barring price, I've been wanting to start collecting WW2 rifles, and replicas are fine with me. I'll feel no guilt firing them more often (if I can get ammo)

Back
Top Bottom