• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PSA: Watch Out For Gun Jugging

I remember the day the fudd RO at a club told me to stop shooting my handgun more than 1 round per two seconds, I said fine, loaded a mag, racked the slide and holstered the gun because I was done shooting that handgun. The RO freaked out, told me I couldn't walk around with a loaded gun in my holster (IWB holster). I just laughed and told him to beat it and let the Preaident of the club know someone was walking around with his CCW under his shirt. Around 7 years later and I am still a member there. Although I haven't gone in 2 years and will probably cancel my membership this year.
Braintree?

i have often thought when changing a target at 200 yards, i'd be pretty hard up to much about it if someone grabbed one off the bench. i think the gun community is pretty honest folk, but its always in the back of my head. which also leads me to make sure i have the CCW never empty.

That generalization may be colored by the hoops/standard that people in ma have to meet to own guns in the first place. In free states where anyone can just go buy one, anyone includes any old jackass or some shitbag that crawled out of the ghetto. As long as they have managed to avoid any disqualifying charges. Keep your head on a swivel and try to not shoot alone.

Even if you had a ccw, you can’t just shoot somebody for stealing your other gun, especially if you know it to be empty.

I have a few problems with that statement.

1. All weapons are loaded at all times. Basic gun safety rule
2. If someone put a hand on one of my empty guns at the firing line, it was while my attention was elsewhere. Did they grab a mag too?

3. ... I'll leave this one to someone else. There is a "3".

Old and Busted:
I was just cleaning it when it went off.​

The New Hotness:
I was just motorboating when it went off.​
Say, would that count as a "tragic boating accident"?​

... Someone in my household was infected with COVID when it went off.

-fixed it.

where the hell do you guys shoot that you have to worry about this shit?

maybe I'm just an 'off-hours' kinda guy, but almost every time i've ever gone to any private range, I've been alone or very close to it. my old club had almost 900 members and my new club has almost 500 members. both clubs out in the burbs and no one would ever even have an opportunity to follow me out of there or wait for me outside without being noticed.

out here in Indiana, we have DNR public ranges and I do keep my head on a swivel whenever the rare occasion that I'm at one of those. there's a lot of potential for something to go wrong at any one of these places, but I only go to these when I have a very short range trip planned (need to break in a barrel with a round or two or get on paper with a new optic...maybe test out a new gun for function). but any time i'm out of the truck, so are my guns/ammo. straight to the range, straight to the firing line, straight back to the truck, and straight home. once everyone on the range knows what I have (since i've been actively shooting them), I do my best to gtfo of there before anyone can even think about trying to roll me. all that being said, I haven't even run into a single situation where I felt I was in danger of this...just staying vigilant.

leaving your truck to run into a corner store seems like it should be ok...maybe pick a better parking spot and keep an eye on the truck when you're in the store (pretty easy to do at most convenience stores i've been in with large glass windows across the whole front). if you're hungry, get drive through or take out or find a restaurant with outdoor dining area or seating that faces your vehicle with full view through a window. I've been on many a road trip and asked for certain seating from waitstaff and most are accommodating.

basically, if you don't let the situation 'make you', any jack wagon can dodge this type of behavior by just paying attention.

Those nice boys were hungry and were just using the guns for cash at the pawn shop. You rumor has it to also enroll in community college..............And get something to eat. It's just reparations. Have you no empathy?

I was told the reason for video surveillance at my club was in response to someone running up into the shelter and stealing a gun and getting away. Regardless I always carry on a cold range while working away from the firing line. Just seems prudent.

Back
Top Bottom