Public ranges with gun rentals?

There's a group of folks where I work that have been, for the last few months, going shooting regularly. We're all at various stages of getting our permits, and ultimately we'll all own our own guns and join a club in the area. In the interim, since some of us are new to shooting (myself included), we've been hitting the range to get used to shooting (i.e. getting over the flinching, etc.).

We've been frequenting AFS in North Attleboro, but we're not really happy with the way they care of their rentals. On every single trip, we've had at least one gun that was in poor shape and constantly jammed in various manners.

Can anyone recommend a good public range in eastern MA that does gun rentals?

As far as public is concerned, AFS in Attleboro and Bob's in Salisbury are the only ones I know if in Eastern MA. Manchester firing line is another option up in Manchester NH as atilla said.

Bob's is lots of fun, I go there all the time. Closed on Mondays, Check website for hours. Steel plate shoots, wed night is centerfire and thurs is rim fire. You can see photos of the range, shoots etc on the website.
It's getting cold out so maybe Hosehead will leave his motorcycle home and stop scaring the customers away.

and if you happen to miss the steel plate shoots on wednesday night and happen to go there on a thursday you might still be able to shoot at the steel plates because sometimes they don't feel like moving them...

I went to AFS in N. Attleboro today. I went with a few friends that don't have ltc's and they wouldn't let them rent unless they did their "new shooter program" which was no problem because I brought my guns. Overall the range was good, and I will probably go back.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendations, folks. While Bob's (and the one in Manchester) are quite the hike for most of us, a few of us agreed it's probably at least worth a look-see. =)

Bob's is a great place to go. I shoot there once a week. The guys behind the counter a great bunch.

BTW does hosehead happen to ride an Indian?

Well guys thanks to your Advice I just came back from Original Bobs Shooting Range up in Salisbury. Had a great time. Really good and friendly people up there. after I was done shooting I talked to Bob for about 30 min about different carry pieces. He showed me the FN pistol that fires 5.7x28 and the Sub Compact 9mm Glock (26 if i'm not mistaken). I would highly reccomend that If you are looking to shoot and try out weapons this is the place you go to.
Thanks NES for Reccomending the place. 50$ well spent.

Back
Top Bottom