Public Ranges ?

I was thinking about heading to Springfield for S&W's Public Range with my friend this weekend but its about a two hour drive.

Any nice Public Range's around the Brockton area?

The only other public ranges in MA I know of are American Firearms School in North Attleboro and Bobs Tactical in Salisbury MA. I have been to both and enjoy shooting at both.

Thanks dag, ever been to the S&W? looks nice .. Not sure if it's a "spend the day" kinda place though.

Thanks dag, ever been to the S&W? looks nice .. Not sure if it's a "spend the day" kinda place though.

I havent been to S&W because its one hell of a hike from Medford but I really really really want to go check it out. I just need to find a buddy that'll come for the ride!

I have seen, but not shot at the range at S&W. Saw it when attending a USPSA match last winter. It has to be the best looking indoor range I have ever seen. I don't know how many firing points they have, but I have to guess it's around 30-40.

The "gift shop" is adjacent to the range and you could waste some time in there before/after you shoot. I wouldn't say it's a "spend the day" kind of place but you could easily spend half a day. Spend the other half of your day at Springfield Armory.

Cape Ann Sportsmans Club has a public shoot on Sunday mornings on the outdoor range

Im headed up on thursday to throw some down range.... my daughters God Father works there. I'll let you know what I think.

Yes, a bunch of us (~40 each of two times) descended on the S&W range, as well as a tour of the mfg facility as a NES Members only event. Last time was November 2008 IIRC.

The range is indeed very nice and uses almost the same electronic target/booth system as Braintree R&P.

It's a very long drive from SE MA however just to go shooting.

I shot there on Sat with my wife nice range and very friendly. So many rounds go through there rented guns a day expect some jams. but over all very nice range very nice staff.

Does anyone know if there are any other public ranges in Western Mass besides S&W? I have nothing against S&W but just wondering if there are any other options.

I believe that Leominster Rod and Gun allows the range open to public on Sunday from 10:00AM to 2:00 PM.. I am trying to re-find the information on that now.. I think I read it on their website...

Sorry.. I can't find the info again. I am almost certain I saw that a rod and gun club in the Gardner/Fitchburg/Leominster area had an open range on Sundays. It was posted on the website for the club. I just looked through the Townsend and Leominster one, nothing. I called Fitchburg and the guy that answered the phone said no.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are any other public ranges in Western Mass besides S&W? I have nothing against S&W but just wondering if there are any other options.

There are really only 3 full blown indoor pay/rental ranges in Mass.

S+W (Springfield)
AFS (North Attleboro)
and Bob's Tactical (or whatever they call it now) in Salisbury.

The fourth option is to drive up to NH and go to Manchester Firing Line .

-Mike

Last edited:
I believe that Leominster Rod and Gun allows the range open to public on Sunday from 10:00AM to 2:00 PM.. I am trying to re-find the information on that now.. I think I read it on their website...

This is, of course, assuming someone from the club shows up to open up
the gate. Friend of mine tried to do this years ago and nobody was around, or the range was closed that day due to some club activity or another.

Best bet is to just join a club somewhere in the long run. There are a lot of clubs with pistol/rifle ranges in MA with dues well under $100.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom