• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Punchlist of the steps for appyling for LTC/FID. (?)

Matt_SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Recently GOAL sent out a short punch list that showed how absurd the step to applying for any firearms permits in MA are. Does anyone have that link?

I looked in the FAQ on GOAL's site and did not see it.

It would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. I have already shared many of these matter of fact type informational posts.

The one that I am looking for points out each step and how many of them ensure that we are not going to be seeing 40 day issue times if the powers that be don't want it.

I think I see my problem. That is under purchasing and not listed as an LTC.

This is for a couple that want to get into shooting who have no idea it is like this down here in MA. Yup from a much more free state.

Thanks. [cheers]

ETA: It was in the Friday news of January 25, 2013 as "33 Steps". Time flies!

"33 Steps"

GOAL

GOAL Executive Director Jim Wallace was speaking to a group the other day and one of the things he mentioned was the "33 steps" that a citizen must go through in order to lawfully purchase a handgun in Massachusetts.

For the record, the following is the procedure for a resident to lawfully purchase a handgun through a licensed firearm dealer in Massachusetts.

1) A citizen must first take firearm safety course that has been approved by the state police - Chapter 140, Section 131P.

2) The citizen must file an application with their local licensing authority together with a course

certificate. The application includes the applicants personal information and asks the following

questions under penalty of law:

Read the rest
http://goal.org/Documents/Handgun_Purchase_Procedure.pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom