• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Purchasing new at local Ma gun show

I went to the Springfield show earlier this month. Total waste of time. Barely any new firearms. Most tables were covered in WW2 memorabilia, used knives, or literal trash. Most tables with guns were antiques. If you were lucky enough to find a table with new guns, they were totally overpriced. It was my first gun show, and it might just be my last.

Anyone go to Wilmington today. Wondering if it worth checking out. Just looking to see If there is alot of tables

Last edited:
Went this am, looking for certain parts, Not a huge amount of new guns pistols or rifles. came home with a few garand stocks and a mag I was looking for, but like most gunshows now disappointing. free parking and not very busy so there was that.

Save your time and Money. Go do your homework, then go to local store and buy.
Shows cater to new license holders who are all excited about being able to now to buy big boy toys - and many vendors know that.
If you don’t know what you want, go to a range that lets you try /rent various toys. Worth spending a few bucks doing that vs. making an impulse purchase that you may ultimately regret.​

Anyone go to Wilmington today. Wondering if it worth checking out. Just looking to see If there is alot of tables

I think the fact that there isn't even a thread for the Wilmington show speaks volumes. Prices and availability are so good right now at LGS's and online there's really very little reason to pay $12 for the pleasure of experiencing some jerky and BO.

I bought the M&P 2.0 Compact last week for $460 from MFS in Holliston. In Four Seasons in Waltham they have it for $400. You have options.

A lot of brick and mortar shops are the ones selling new guns at gun shows. In fact, I think virtually all of them would be since MA doesn't allow 01FFLs without a storefront anymore. Very few grandfathered ones that operate out of their garage are left.

It's not "without a storefront" but "not at a residential address". The prohibition is on MA licensed dealers. You can still have an FFL at a home address for other things (dealing only with other FFLS; doing reviews for gun mags or consulting for gun companies as long as you do not cross the line into gunsmithing).

It's not "without a storefront" but "not at a residential address". The prohibition is on MA licensed dealers. You can still have an FFL at a home address for other things (dealing only with other FFLS; doing reviews for gun mags or consulting for gun companies as long as you do not cross the line into gunsmithing).

Oh that's interesting, thanks for the clarification!

Back
Top Bottom