Put Coffee down, put suspect down <yawn>

Dude 300BLK with a cookie cutter comp? 🤣🤣🤣
[rofl]
I built a 300BLK upper with a cookie cutter. It's actually a pretty good comp but it is absolutely loud AF, which is one of the reasons I bought it. Mostly I shoot match rifles that do not use a comp so if some tool is doing mag dumps next to me with a comped AR it gets annoying. 300BLK with a cookie cutter tends to make them move down the line. Plus it's just stupid fun.

He has one of those dumbass Gucci risers too.
(I know it isn’t dumb if it works…)

I personally would not want to take a 187 yard shot with only a dot, excellent shot placement.
Uncle Sam tought me to hit a human sized target at 400 meters (about 437 yards) with iron sights.....and its not even that hard to do. Why does everyone think you absolutely need optics and scopes to shoot past like 150 yards?

Last edited:
Uncle Sam tought me to hit a human sized target at 400 meters (about 437 yards) with iron sights.....and its not even that hard to do. Why does everyone think you absolutely need optics and scopes to shoot past like 150 yards?
Those human sized targets at 400 meters, were they camouflaging themselves? Were they dressed similarly to non-combatants? Were they trying to hide behind cover or concealment? Only exposing a limb or head?

Being able to hit a silhouette target at 400 meters on a range is VERY different from being able to find, ID, and hit a target like described above.

Those human sized targets at 400 meters, were they camouflaging themselves? Were they dressed similarly to non-combatants? Were they trying to hide behind cover or concealment? Only exposing a limb or head?

Being able to hit a silhouette target at 400 meters on a range is VERY different from being able to find, ID, and hit a target like described above.
187 yards is half that distance I'm talking about being trained on..... And the cop were talking about had no problem doing it with a red dot without magnification.

And the cop were talking about had no problem doing it with a red dot without magnification.
In this particular scenario/situation with the bad guy standing out in the open, yes. Thankfully.

Last edited:
187 yards is half that distance I'm talking about being trained on..... And the cop were talking about had no problem doing it with a red dot without magnification.

I have done some long range 400-600m irons m4, human size silhouettes. It becomes a point of reference at that distance and stock irons get in the way. Forget identifying anything at that distance. However, you can hit a target. Same shit with red dots is however so much easier at those distances at lower settings.

Well there is a certain "If I can't do it no one can "mentality with some.

Yeah, Marines in Boot shoot out to 500 yards on the rifle range, and you are right, it's not that hard to do. But, past 300 yards or so with irons, your front sight is basically covering the target. Which is fine if you are not worried about identifying the target.
My eyesight at 18 years old was also a lot better than at 50 something.

187 yards is for sure, far enough to miss, even with an optic. Especially off hand. It did appear that he was able to use the side of his vehicle to brace his support hand.
But to give credit where it is due, the cop appeared very calm, given that the perp was very well armed and firing at officers.
Another thing to give credit for was that the cops rifle was loaded, and all he had to do was pull the charging handle and switch off the safety. Have a rifle and know how to use it.
The shooter was a dumbass standing out in the open. Had he found some cover he would have been much harder to take out of the fight.

And I can easily shoot 10s and Xs at 600 as long as I read the wind correctly. And I can score mid 90s when shooting offhand with irons at 200. But there is a false equivalency here between what can easily and routinely be done on the range at targets and what can easily and routinely be done in a lethal role in the real world.

Sure, not all 150+ yard shots need magnification. But I would wager most do.

Trying to shoot even 100 yards at someone who is poking his head in and out of different windows, or hiding in vegetation, or blending in with civilians is very difficult without magnification.

Last edited:
Yes, but wtf is beyond 183 yards down a straight street in a neighborhood.
Should have flanked thru some back yards and hit em with a 12 GA slug.
Are you implying it was safer having a perp rattle off rounds randomly down the same street while an officer waited for the optimal backdrop in a residential neighborhood?
This is NES, half the guys here only shoot the MaGoo league.

Never said no one else could.

I personally would want as much magnification as I could reasonably have. My eyes aren’t “bad” but I sure as f*** want to see what I’m shooting at.

Last edited:
For reference, from my last comp which was all irons. One is at 300m the other either 500/600m don’t remember as we run from 600m down to 25m. For reference, on the 300m you can see one of the targets up all the way to the right if you zoom.

300m pic is a little zoomed though as we were trying to see if the phone can pick the target
55F7FE92-9C1D-4538-B029-A8BF00B5A689.jpeg3D4A6793-9535-4843-9A51-E93764071E8A.jpeg

For reference, from my last comp which was all irons. One is at 300m the other either 500/600m don’t remember as we run from 600m down to 25m. For reference, on the 300m you can see one of the targets up all the way to the right if you zoom.

300m pic is a little zoomed though as we were trying to see if the phone can pick the target
View attachment 668669View attachment 668670
Me shooting at 400 with 18x has me a little squinty… nevermind irons.

Me shooting at 400 with 18x has me a little squinty… nevermind irons.
Can’t tell from the pic but it was 100% humidity and 105 temp. They start you at 600m as a team and you need to engage targets every 100 meters down to 25. Your team was a slow as the slowest team member. You can’t engage targets until the last team member sets foot on the line. You are tired and sweating. Comp starts at 6am-7pm….so was a long f***ing day.

Also, two stages before this we just had done a two mile run full gear to reach the handgun course, which is scored on who makes it first there and accuracy hits. So pretty exhausted. Stages are designed to be excruciating so every shot you take you either out of breath or drenched in sweat. There’s no Gucci shooting here 🤣

Last edited:
Because most people don't shoot past 50 yards, and they are so bad at 50 yards they think 150-180 yards requires you to know calculus and the position of the planets to make that shot.

150-180 yard is so f*cking easy. With my very first rifle at Pembroke, I sighted it in for 100 yards and was hitting the 200 yard gong no problem. It was boring AF it was so easy. A .223, didn't even adjust. I was a noob at the time, didn't read what distance is best to sight it in, or how much it would drop none of that.

This was a bad-ass shot.

Shooting bullseye or silhouette targets at 200,300,600 yards is relatively "easy" because you have a big black target clearly standing out from a buff (tan) backer. You know exactly where the target is, it's easy to see, and it's not moving.

Can’t tell from the pic but it was 100% humidity and 105 temp. They start you at 600m as a team and you need to engage targets every 100 meters down to 25. Your team was a slow as the slowest team member. You can’t engage targets until the last team member sets foot on the line. You are tired and sweating. Comp starts at 6am-7pm….so was a long f***ing day.

Also, two stages before this we just had done a two mile run full gear to reach the handgun course, which is scored on who makes it first there and accuracy hits. So pretty exhausted. Stages are designed to be excruciating so every shot you take you either out of breath or drenched in sweat. There’s no Gucci shooting here 🤣
What event was it?

I want to see the ATF paperwork on those. He was breaking the law.
I'm sure he was.

He was shooting at innocent people. He got a life death sentence, administered on the spot.

Why do we even care about his NFA stamps or lack thereof? So we can say that the bad guy had actual illegal guns, rather than the usual illegal possession of guns? Just more proof gun laws don't matter.

Back
Top Bottom