question about daewoo k1a and daewoo ar 110c

are both of these rifles considered pre ban, are there any post ban versions.....In other words, if ones for sale is it automatically pre ban. Thanks

Daewoo Rifles are all "Pre-Ban" due to the Importation Ban...

Civilian versions of the Daewoo were imported into the United States up until 1997. The AR-100 and Max II were imported up until 1989 when their import was banned by an Executive Order by President George H. W. Bush. Any Daewoo of the K1, K2, or AR-100 type were effected by the ban. The Clinton assault weapon ban listed both the AR-100 and AR-100c. Among the importers of the Daewoo were B-West of Tucson, AZ and Kimber of America of Clackamas, OR (predecessor to today's Kimber). The last models imported were the DR-200 in 5.56 and the DR-300 in 7.62x39.

Great Rifles. I owned a Daewoo K2 with folding stock and loved it. One of my biggest regrets was selling it...

PRO-TIP: Never sell guns you love thinking you will find another one to replace it later... [crying]

Yes, Bush Sr. banned importation in 1989 so any specimen that got through would be preban (enacted in 1994). Daewoo DR-200 was the basically the Norinco MAK90 equivalent of Daewoo K2 in this regard, i.e. a botched modification with hideous thumphole stocks to get around the Bush import ban.

Lots of possibilities for the DR-200. Kind of a renaissance happened about 10-12 years ago around them. Stormwerkz and a few other manufacturers put out stock adapters for ACE folders, AR style stocks and now Pic rail mounted stocks like on the MPX and pistol grips. Love mine.

Here are a few examples of DR-200s fixed up

daewoo-002-jpg.520329

DSCF3822.jpg

SA-DWDR-01II.jpg

Back
Top Bottom