Question about "mysterious" posts...

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this question, but I'll give it a go:

Occasionally I'll see posts in a thread that have nothing in them but a "period." For example look at posts #5 and #9 in this thread.

Can anyone tell me what it means?

Thanks!

Well, I'm not %100 sure. But i think it was something that poster was doing. Notice it was the same member that had those posts. Probably submitted a post by accident.

He was bumping the thread to the top of the thread list. Some people will write out the word 'Bump', TTT, or a simple '.' as he did.

TTT means To The Top

Sometimes it's also what people leave when they delete a post. Poster's regret, brain fartage, etc. [wink]

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this question, but I'll give it a go:

Occasionally I'll see posts in a thread that have nothing in them but a "period." For example look at posts #5 and #9 in this thread.

Can anyone tell me what it means?

Thanks!

This is usually a result of people inserting their foot in their mouth, and then editing the post.... [laugh] I think they have to put a . in there just to satisfy the board software as I don't think it will allow editing out to a completely blank post.

Edit: Yeah, they could use it to bump, too, but IMHO it's a crappy way to bump a thread. [grin]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom