• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about NEHPRL

I’m hoping to give the North East High Power Rifle League a go this year. I just wanted to confirm two items.

Q1. It looks like the two rapid fire stages of the match are both conducted with a transition from standing to either prone or sitting. Is that correct?

Q2. Looking at the clubs where matches are held it appears that none of them have a 600 yard range, so I assume I will be shooting at reduced targets at maximum range of 300 yards? (The reason I ask is although I have a usable 600 yard load, it would be simpler to bring one load for all stages which is what I would do if max distance is 300 yards)

Thanks for the help.

I’m hoping to give the North East High Power Rifle League a go this year. I just wanted to confirm two items.

Q1. It looks like the two rapid fire stages of the match are both conducted with a transition from standing to either prone or sitting. Is that correct?

Q2. Looking at the clubs where matches are held it appears that none of them have a 600 yard range, so I assume I will be shooting at reduced targets at maximum range of 300 yards? (The reason I ask is although I have a usable 600 yard load, it would be simpler to bring one load for all stages which is what I would do if max distance is 300 yards)

Thanks for the help.

CMP Service Rifle rules require shooters to begin rapid fire stages from standing. CMP match rifle rules allow shooters to start from sitting or prone. NRA rules allow the shooter to start from sitting or prone. So it depends on which rule book they are using.

Just use one accurate short range load for reduced courses.

Don’t be afraid to start out shooting full distance matches. We have several 600yd ranges with active schedules within a short drive. Most people only shoot reduced course because full distance ranges are too far away. We are actually pretty lucky in New England. Reading and Nashua have also switch to using electronic targets for most matches. No pit duty.

The New Hampshire High Power Rifle League (nhhprl.org) doesn't require shooters to stand before targets come up in the rapid fire stages. You may touch your mag and load after targets move or commence fire.

The New Hampshire High Power Rifle League (nhhprl.org) doesn't require shooters to stand before targets come up in the rapid fire stages. You may touch your mag and load after targets move or commence fire.

It’s worth the drive to Nashua and Pelham for this. They usually shoot some 600yd slow prone after as well.

Many of the shooters have a high level of competition experience and are happy to help with advice and coaching.

Back
Top Bottom