question about shotting rights

38ExtraSpecial

NES Member
I have a license to carry. At the range that I go to I'm allowed to bring a guest. I can bring anyone even if they don't have a LTC. I brought a friend and he had a good time. He lives one town away from me, but it can be much more difficult to get a license where he lives. I know that gun ownership is a right, that isn't the question, that's just how it is around here it has to be approved by the chief of police and every town is different so it can take a while. Anyway I believe someone at the range said something about my friend being able to get a membership to shoot with us even though he doesn't have a license, he would just have to be with us to shoot because we have licenses. Then when I inquired about it more I didn't really get a clear answer, but one of the range masters said that I needed to call the state police and ask them because usually they prefer to only do this for family members of range members..I called the sargeant or captain or whatever in charge I think a couple of times, I think I might have left a message too, this was a while ago, but I never got an answer. So I was wondering if anyone knew what the story is with this. The weather is really nice now and I know my friend would like to come shoot with us, but going through all of the procedures and the waiting who knows when it would be that he could have his own license and that's if the chief determines that he can have one because like I said it goes by town around here, the chief of police decides, and it can be tough where he is, even just one town away. Thanks for any input.

Back
Top Bottom