• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question for those who run red dots on pistols

I know this belongs in another thread, but I would rather pay double or triple for a well-made US product that a cheaper Chinese knockoff. I generally felt that way before Covid. Since Covid, I'm of the mind to say "F**k China in the A$$" as I 100% believe they let the virus loose on the world through shear incompetence or some greater plan to screw the US and the current economic/monetary system. I refuse to purchase anything that supports China and fully believe we'll be at war with them within the next 20 years. Likely sooner if they move on Taiwan.

Anyway, I know it's tough to find not-made-in-China in everyday items, but when it comes to guns and accessories at least, it's an easy choice.
Well, if you you have a recommendation to a battery powered, solar back up, micro red, I'm all ears.

But I know many people who run this exact sight, and recommended it - we'll see how it does on the g26 I shifted it to while on wait on the new adaptor plates

Well, if you you have a recommendation to a battery powered, solar back up, micro red, I'm all ears.

But I know many people who run this exact sight, and recommended it - we'll see how it does on the g26 I shifted it to while on wait on the new adaptor plates

Haven't been in the market for a new red dot in over a year. From what I can tell, the battery operated solar backup is specific to Holosun. No one else seems to be running that. The closest I've seen is a Trijicon tritium/fiber optic RDS, which is non-battery operated. Trijicon RMR® Dual Illuminated Reflex Sight | Trijicon®. All the RDS's have long battery life and the top ones like the Trijicon have automatic shutoff/motion detect startup to save battery life.

I've got experience running with the Trijicon RDS 2 and highly recommend it.

I've heard good things and would also consider the following, all of which are generally more expensive, but provide top quality, reliability and durability:
Leupold Deltapoint Pro Leupold DeltaPoint Pro Red Dot Sight - Compact, Rugged/Durable, and Ultra Clear Glass. Free Shipping & Handling! w/ Free S&H — 4 models
Aimpoint ACRO Aimpoint ACRO P-2 Red Dot Reflex Sight 200691, Color: Black, Battery Type: CR2032, Lithium, 10% Off w/ Free S&H
Steiner MPS Steiner MPS Micro Pistol Sight, Color: Black, Battery Type: CR1632, Up to 13% Off w/ Free S&H — 2 models

Given many of the Holosuns seem to be in the $300ish price range, they aren't the bargain I figured. Vortex and Sig provide better price points if that is the number one consideration. For not much more ($470ish on sale) you can find a top of the line Trijicon.

Hence the question and ways to resolve it, I know it's not me cause on literally any gun i own besides what that was set up with, I know I'm a decent shot. But even in the hands of someone who's a better shot and it does the same exact thing to me - made me question the set up and put it under a microscope to look at this.

Even if you can see a clear issue with an uneven mount, the solution still might not be obvious. What's a 507C made out of? Is it possible you're over torquing the screws?

Haven't been in the market for a new red dot in over a year. From what I can tell, the battery operated solar backup is specific to Holosun. No one else seems to be running that. The closest I've seen is a Trijicon tritium/fiber optic RDS, which is non-battery operated. Trijicon RMR® Dual Illuminated Reflex Sight | Trijicon®. All the RDS's have long battery life and the top ones like the Trijicon have automatic shutoff/motion detect startup to save battery life.

I've heard good things and would also consider the following, all of which are generally more expensive, but provide top quality, reliability and durability:
Leupold Deltapoint Pro Leupold DeltaPoint Pro Red Dot Sight - Compact, Rugged/Durable, and Ultra Clear Glass. Free Shipping & Handling! w/ Free S&H — 4 models
Aimpoint ACRO Aimpoint ACRO P-2 Red Dot Reflex Sight 200691, Color: Black, Battery Type: CR2032, Lithium, 10% Off w/ Free S&H
Steiner MPS Steiner MPS Micro Pistol Sight, Color: Black, Battery Type: CR1632, Up to 13% Off w/ Free S&H — 2 models

Given many of the Holosuns seem to be in the $300ish price range, they aren't the bargain I figured. Vortex and Sig provide better price points if that is the number one consideration. For not much more ($470ish on sale) you can find a top of the line Trijicon.
I really really wish Trijicon would come out with an RMR(or enclosed) that utilized both fiber optic and battery. So if the battery goes, you at least have the fiber optic in many lighting situations.

Oh, shit. Sorry. I’m telling people what to do again.
Seriously, how old are you? The purpose of this discussion was to offer suggestions on why the op had a difficult time mounting his optic. Then you come swinging in and suggest trijicon make a battery/fiber optic sight? Stop being a troll god damnit!

Mods, lock this thread before he derails this one too!

I really really wish Trijicon would come out with an RMR(or enclosed) that utilized both fiber optic and battery. So if the battery goes, you at least have the fiber optic in many lighting situations.
Yeah, sounds like Holosun actually has something there, to the point of the poster above.

Sorry, take everything I say with a grain of salt, I spend too much on firearms and accessories and don’t get bent out of shape on Trijicon/Aimpoint/latest SF Operator optic prices and I hate China and the CCP and everything that comes out of that $h!thole.

FWIW on the holosun group im on nobody uses the stock MOS plates for anything, its all CH precision all the time.

The regimen on those guys is "use CH precision or mill the slide".
I'm new to this game of red dots on pistols. So it's a learning curve

Seriously, how old are you? The purpose of this discussion was to offer suggestions on why the op had a difficult time mounting his optic. Then you come swinging in and suggest trijicon make a battery/fiber optic sight? Stop being a troll god damnit!

Mods, lock this thread before he derails this one too!
His posts are comical, they can stay

Thanks for the insight.

I ordered the ones in the link in the above post at the recommendation of a friend who has more red dots on pistols then people on this forum
I think it’s hit or miss with some of these plate Mfgs. Lots of people love the one you chose and rave about it. I had my dot shear off the Glock plate and the C&H plate. I now have a Forward Controls plate, but relegated the pistol to be a backup for a milled slide so I can’t honestly say it’s better than the others.

I think it’s hit or miss with some of these plate Mfgs. Lots of people love the one you chose and rave about it. I had my dot shear off the Glock plate and the C&H plate. I now have a Forward Controls plate, but relegated the pistol to be a backup for a milled slide so I can’t honestly say it’s better than the others.

Honestly the whole TV set on pistol mounting thing is a shit show, I wish all these companies would f*** right off and come up with ONE mounting standard. Maybe 2 at most (one for normal guns, one for subs) And you would remove the plate from the gun, put the TV set there with some loctite and it would be done. and it would always fit. That way the shit can be tested in a "silo" becuase you know everyone else is using the same thing.

If Trijicon or Aimpoint came out with stuff like what Holosun already makes, (like thier circle dots etc) id own it alreayd and have no china stuff. but they dont.

Honestly the whole TV set on pistol mounting thing is a shit show, I wish all these companies would f*** right off and come up with ONE mounting standard. Maybe 2 at most (one for normal guns, one for subs) And you would remove the plate from the gun, put the TV set there with some loctite and it would be done. and it would always fit. That way the shit can be tested in a "silo" becuase you know everyone else is using the same thing.
Yeah, nothing like having 5 different red dot footprints that are all considered “standards”

Honestly the whole TV set on pistol mounting thing is a shit show, ...
1video.jpg

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the cheaper sig and vortex red dots are made in China too, just not by the CCP military R&D branch.

I actually have a Gen 5 19 MOS top end that I am putting together as a suppressor host to swap on my 19x frame that I am either going ACRO P2 or MPS with.

I'm guessing the instructions say what to torque too?
Of course they do, but I went +1 over what they recommended and promptly snapped the screw.
Granted, their customer service was outstanding and they very promptly sent me a replacement, which I torqued down correctly.
It still ended up breaking, but like I said earlier, I really can't say that the Forward Controls design is any better because I only put a few hundred rounds thru it before relegating it to backup duty. The C&H plate probably had at least a few thousand rounds through it before it let go.

Back
Top Bottom