• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question on non-resident storage

Andreas

NES Member
Hi all,
I apologize if this has been covered, but I couldn't find the exact situation.

My family owns a vacation home in VT, and there are certain firearms that are largely only used there.

As my brother plans to move to VT in the next year or so, he has no interest in renewing his MA LTC once the expiration is up in a couple months, and figures he can just bring everything up there and keep it in the safe at some point before his LTC expires here, then move it to his new house once he's relocated.

Do you see any issue with this, given that it's technically not his house (in our parents' names) and it's a mix of handguns and long guns?

I can't imagine WHY this would possibly be an issue, but I figured there are more experts on here who would know for sure, and as we've all lived in MA for so long, we're extra paranoid about making sure it's done 100% right to the letter of the law.

Thank you in advance!

No licenses issued or needed in VT. Anyone can bring their guns and leave them with any Non-PP in VT.

I see no issues at all and think it a wise move on his part.

Thanks Len,
That's what I had assumed.

Now let's just hope I can convince him to leave some of the more desirable ones with me instead. ;)

Hi all,
I apologize if this has been covered, but I couldn't find the exact situation.

My family owns a vacation home in VT, and there are certain firearms that are largely only used there.

As my brother plans to move to VT in the next year or so, he has no interest in renewing his MA LTC once the expiration is up in a couple months, and figures he can just bring everything up there and keep it in the safe at some point before his LTC expires here, then move it to his new house once he's relocated.

Do you see any issue with this, given that it's technically not his house (in our parents' names) and it's a mix of handguns and long guns?

I can't imagine WHY this would possibly be an issue, but I figured there are more experts on here who would know for sure, and as we've all lived in MA for so long, we're extra paranoid about making sure it's done 100% right to the letter of the law.

Thank you in advance!

Tecnically if you are not a VT resident you need a LTC from the state you live in to carry or transport hand guns in VT

Tecnically if you are not a VT resident you need a LTC from the state you live in to carry or transport hand guns in VT

Not sure if serious, this has never been a law in Vermont.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom