Question on Private Sale/Transfer

Jjtorres

NES Member
Hey all. First time posting here.

I’m sure this has been answered before, so pardon me for potentially beating the proverbial dead horse.

I’m fuzzy on MA law in regards to transferring a handgun.

I have a close friend who wants to transfer a handgun to me, do we need an FFL to get involved? I’ve read that we can just use the online portal but wasn’t sure.

Thanks!

As long as you both have a valid LTC?

Just meet, hand it over, fire up the EFA-10 on the seller's phone, and follow all the prompts. It can be difficult to get it done on a small phone, but persevere. You'll get the hang of it.

As long as you both have a valid LTC?

Just meet, hand it over, fire up the EFA-10 on the seller's phone, and follow all the prompts. It can be difficult to get it done on a small phone, but persevere. You'll get the hang of it.
We’d be doing it at his house, on his computer. Both Valid LTC holders.

I’m assuming EFA-10 is through the online portal?? That’s good news. Nice and easy and no transaction fee. Thanks for the quick response!!

Only counts if umbrella has sword like handle and causes mass police response.
We like helicopters here .

After you've poked around here for a while you'll get all this.

Go green and you'll get to all the good stuff.
Lots to learn here.

That was undoubtedly an illegal transfer since he was dead at the time. Legally should have gone through an FFL.
Unless she what the executrix and the firearms were specifically willed to him, at which point an FFL isn't, necessary... but I think the FA10 wouldn't be either.

Unless she what the executrix and the firearms were specifically willed to him, at which point an FFL isn't, necessary... but I think the FA10 wouldn't be either.
You are correct up to this point . . . an eFA-10 is still required but "Registration" should be used with NO info on the source of the gun.

The transfers were done illegally, regardless of inheritance/will status or not.

That was undoubtedly an illegal transfer since he was dead at the time. Legally should have gone through an FFL.
On the first page of the online transfer page it specifically talks about inheritance. if it is illegal to do, why is there an option? Being married, his wife (my sister) who has a valid LTC became in charge of his property and followed his wishes upon his death.

Last edited:
On the first page of the online transfer page it specifically talks about inheritance. if it is illegal to do, why is there an option? Being married, his wife (my sister) who has a valid LTC became in charge of his property and followed his wishes upon his death.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if those guns weren't officially transferred from the deceased to your sister, then legally they weren't hers to transfer to you to begin with.

It appears obvious that you don't understand what the legal term "inheritance" means. Also, the FRB form and info on inheritance intentionally violates both Federal and Mass law on the subject of inheritance. Thus, it should never be used. I took Jason Guida to the woodshed on this years ago when he had that form created and posted on the FRB website. I suspect that he was ordered to do it that way by those above him with a specific anti-gun agenda.

Also, there is a sticky in this sub-forum on the topic which covers the proper way to deal with inheritance and transfers.

I'm glad you deleted your original post because that answers the question you posed here which I'll just say wasn't the original scenario (I'm removing that quote from my previous reply btw)

Back
Top Bottom