Question regarding the Springfield Show this week 3/12 & 3/13

I'm new to the gun show scene and dropped in the to the Wilmington show this past weekend and was disappointed to say the least at the lack of tables/vendors. Before I make the drive out to Springfield this weekend, does anyone know how many tables/vendors they really have?

I’m not looking for anything in particular, it was more or less to go check things out and see what they have, but with the cost of gas, parking, and admission, I don’t want to waste my time if there’s nothing worth while to look at or only a half dozen gun dealers.

Any experienced help/thoughts with this show would be greatly appreciated.

Probably the same number of tables as you saw in Wilmington. Many/most of the tables selling junk, not guns. $5 to park your car plus the gate fee. Only one ammo dealer (NY guy) allowed to sell in a tent outside the building. No other dealers are allowed to sell ammo in the building at the Big E (Big E or Springfield rules).

Only worth it if you live real close to the Big E and want to get out for a bit. Much better to make the rounds of a number of local gun shops.

Probably the same number of tables as you saw in Wilmington. Many/most of the tables selling junk, not guns. $5 to park your car plus the gate fee. Only one ammo dealer (NY guy) allowed to sell in a tent outside the building. No other dealers are allowed to sell ammo in the building at the Big E (Big E or Springfield rules).

Only worth it if you live real close to the Big E and want to get out for a bit. Much better to make the rounds of a number of local gun shops.
Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. It's kind of what I was afraid of which is why I asked. Probably not going to take the trip down if that is the case.

I agree with Len - I go because it's near by, if I have nothing else to do that day. I have bought a few guns there over the years, but most of them were from Mike at Guns & Gun Parts in West Springfield. He does have more display space at the show than in his shop, I'll admit.

They get you for parking as well as admission there. I am local, can see the big e property from my work, and I won’t even bother going. And I could park at work and walk over saving that money if I wanted. Take the money you would spend just getting in, and put it in the tank, and head to the mill or do a loop of local shops. Perhaps some you haven’t frequented. You’ll likely see better stuff. And if going for ammo, just shop online, or the mill.

They get you for parking as well as admission there. I am local, can see the big e property from my work, and I won’t even bother going. And I could park at work and walk over saving that money if I wanted. Take the money you would spend just getting in, and put it in the tank, and head to the mill or do a loop of local shops. Perhaps some you haven’t frequented. You’ll likely see better stuff. And if going for ammo, just shop online, or the mill.
Thanks for the tips. I think we'll give the Mill a shot. Just need to figure out what hours they are open. Tough to figure out online.

If you must visit Springfield, take your parking and admission money, go to the Springfield Armory NHS up on the hill and donate the $$$ there instead. So, yes, something good can happen in Springfield.

Last edited:
and do the 'run and pray' as you attempt to get across State ? or is it on Federal ??, either way- or any way, no thanks.

or is the donut dip for the big E ?

Last edited:
I thought there was some on site parking also but the website makes no mention of it-the last time I was there was when they had the machine gun shoots-years and years ago.

I agree with Len - I go because it's near by, if I have nothing else to do that day. I have bought a few guns there over the years, but most of them were from Mike at Guns & Gun Parts in West Springfield. He does have more display space at the show than in his shop, I'll admit.
Mike won't be in attendance this show!

Part of the reason to attend gun shows is so they keep having them. We all preach 2A and these shows are a good promoter of 2A and a quick way to bring new shooters to see a lot in one place. Also the dealers that do attend bust thier butt and pay high fees to attend, so support them. Some shows are a bust others you find a gem. I dislike the attendance fees and parking big time but it costs to put on events. I do find less dealers at the shows it feels but they too have diiferent experiences with sales at shows and it costs them $75 per table to set up.
So it's a good event to support if you can and have the time.

Part of the reason to attend gun shows is so they keep having them. We all preach 2A and these shows are a good promoter of 2A and a quick way to bring new shooters to see a lot in one place. Also the dealers that do attend bust thier butt and pay high fees to attend, so support them. Some shows are a bust others you find a gem. I dislike the attendance fees and parking big time but it costs to put on events. I do find less dealers at the shows it feels but they too have diiferent experiences with sales at shows and it costs them $75 per table to set up.
So it's a good event to support if you can and have the time.
Introducing new shooters to shady dealers that sell over-priced garbage and push new mags as “pre-ban” to unsuspecting buyers doesn’t sound like a good idea to me.

If you want to support “2A” bring them to good local gun stores that have more skin in the game and have much higher operating costs than a table rental fee.

Introducing new shooters to shady dealers that sell over-priced garbage and push new mags as “pre-ban” to unsuspecting buyers doesn’t sound like a good idea to me.

If you want to support “2A” bring them to good local gun stores that have more skin in the game and have much higher operating costs than a table rental fee.
I think your approach is good as well. I get your disgust regarding dishonest vendors. Most of he FFLS at the show have brick and mortar locations. Mass located FFLS have to in order to conduct in state sales. Most FFLS there are great business owners and are paying for tables while thier brick and mortar has to be closed if they are at a show. They go to make sales and advertise thier businesd. To each thier own, which is why we have choice.

Back
Top Bottom