• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question - traveling to upstate NY with long gun?

Question for the lawyers and law sticklers - have to visit New York state... not by my choice and clearly I cannot bring my handgun as the second amendment in NY doesn't protect the right to possess handguns. But if I'll be staying at a hotel in the state could I bring my Mossy 500? Unloaded and locked in lock case in trunk with shells in another locked little case? And I can load it up for the duration of the over-nighter hotel stay as a "home defense" option? Or do out of state folks not have any gun rights whatsoever while staying overnight in NY? TIA

Unless you’re a drug dealer or staying in a very sketchy part of Utica, Troy or Schenectady, what’s the point? Upstate and hotels are boringly safe.

Yes, you can bring your long gun and ammunition as described to NY.

When my kids came home from MO they stayed the night in PA on 90 and then drive the rest of the way the next day. Better safe than sorry coming from a free state.

Back
Top Bottom