• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Quick question on FA10 transfer

bdb

NES Member
So I am not sure about this but have my suspicions. I have a complete AR15 that is pre healey decree. I did FA10 it farily recently (post Healey decree) as I just completed the lower and made it a functional firearm. I have sold "pre Healey" stripped lowers on only a bill of sale in the past as it was never built up. Given this one has been built up into a completed rifle and FA10'd, if I wanted sell just the lower would I need to FA10 it since it was previously FA10'd? I would assume so but I figured someone here would know for sure. God MA sucks at times, well......pretty much all times.

I would do it just so that if the firearm ever has a bad day and decides to assault someone you’ll have proof of transfer.

Do you like falsifying official government documents? You cannot FA10 a lower receiver. You would be claiming you are transferring a rifle when it is not a rifle. Since the FA10 system is write only no matter what you do you will always be shown as an owner of that serial number.

Bill of sale, copy for you both if you are really worried about it. Otherwise, just hand it to him and get cash and move on.

Do you like falsifying official government documents? You cannot FA10 a lower receiver. You would be claiming you are transferring a rifle when it is not a rifle. Since the FA10 system is write only no matter what you do you will always be shown as an owner of that serial number.

Bill of sale, copy for you both if you are really worried about it. Otherwise, just hand it to him and get cash and move on.
I have a question for you crackpot. Can he legally EFA 10 the Firearm. Since he has completed the build? Or is that a no-go in Massachusetts.

Or if you want you could FA10 it as is and immediately take back your upper with the buyer's consent?

Didn’t the DTE EFA10 all the stripped lowers they sold pre-edict?

I have no idea how people can navigate all these f***ing nuanced laws anymore.

Many FFL's, including Four Seasons did FA10s on all stripped lowers sold prior to the Healey decree. I personally wouldn't use any FFL that required a FA10 on a stripped lower back in the day but they were doing it.

Many FFL's, including Four Seasons did FA10s on all stripped lowers sold prior to the Healey decree. I personally wouldn't use any FFL that required a FA10 on a stripped lower back in the day but they were doing it.

Yup they did, I bought one that was registered as a .223 rifle with a 0" barrel lol. I didn't GAF since I was going to do so after I built it up anyway, saved me the time.

which I was told were promptly discarded. They subsequently fixed the FA10 system to not allow 0" for barrel length. So some shops were then entering 16" calling lowers rifles. I agree, any FFL doing this should be avoided. I guess since they are all scared of Healey it is no longer an issue.

Back
Top Bottom