Quiet .22lr

Just got a LCR in 22lr, well not quiet yet it's being shipped.. My question is does anybody have experience shooting the quiet loads (cb caps, cci quiet, aguila collibri etc) through something with a sub 2in barrel? I know some of those rounds in a bolt gun can be pellet gun quite, but I'm doubting if there going to be that effective in the revolver. Worth grabbing for some stealthy shooting?

22 revolver (FIE pot-metal POS, 5" barrel) Loud, though not as loud as normal
22 semi (p22, surprisingly not POS) much the same as above, plus no cycling

Henry golden boy, hear the hammer drop, hear the steel ring :D

this is with both cci quiet and the aquila. prefer the cci, the aquila (literally) stinks

I know, not actually answering the question. Still, my Henry is the closest i've gotten to a silenced gun yet

yeah the quiet 22s are not that actually quiet in a revolver. quieter than fully loaded cartridges though. But through a 20" rifle they are almost silent. The colibri (primer only) sometimes tend to get stuck in a rifle barrel , not enough oomph.

Yeah as much as I'd love to hear the firing pin hit I realize that's not gona be the case with a snubby. I'll still give them a try, it'd be nice to be able to shoot without hearing protection required.

Quiet-22 in any pistol-length barrel is not all that quiet.

Shooting Quiet-22 in a revolver, you'll still want hearing protection.
[video=youtube_share;qd487grkvb4]http://youtu.be/qd487grkvb4[/video]
Your pellet rifle might hit harder too
Depends on the pellet rifle...
attachment.php

Attachments

• airforce.jpg
    airforce.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 646
Yeah as much as I'd love to hear the firing pin hit I realize that's not gona be the case with a snubby. I'll still give them a try, it'd be nice to be able to shoot without hearing protection required.

We shot all sorts of different .22's as kids without any "hearing protection". Not even cotton.

Was going to say this. Just get one of the ones at Walmart with the "silencer" on the end.

Depends on the pellet rifle...
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]
Always wanted to get a pcp, nothing that fancy, but don't want to get the tanks to run it.

Anyone have any leads on where to pick up some quiet .22 in SE MA? I've never really sought it out, but I can't remember ever seeing any in a shop. Obviously, please don't publicly out anyone that will ship to ma.

Last edited:
I think the Calibri's are 20 grain and 600 fps, the pellots are 9-10 grain and 1000 fps. The Calibri's do the job and they are quiet. Using my Henry lever .22 I don't have to worry about cycling the bolt. The primer only Calibri's don't have enough power to cycle a bolt in a semi pistol or rifle.

Anyone have any leads on where to pick up some quiet .22 in SE MA? I've never really sought it out, but I can't remember ever seeing any in a shop. Obviously, please don't publicly out anyone that will ship to ma.
Nice weekend for a drive up to Hooksett, NH. Shooters usually has a fair stock of 22lr, and Quiet tends to be the last to sell out.

My Ruger 10/22 would not cycle when using them. Luckily I only bought 100RDS
Pretty sure it says that right on the box., or would if shops stopped breaking up bricks to sell individually.

Very few guns cycle with CCI Quiet-22 , one of the few exceptions being Beretta NEOS. I usually feed my 10-22s on CCI SV, and then quiet them down at the business end.

Last edited:

Old Glory Guns & Ammo Rt. 31 in Mason NH has Quiet .22

Give this shop a call, I've seen Aguila Colibri there a good amount of times compared to other shops(although it has been awhile since I last visited them).

http://www.mmpbo.com/

Has anybody in the Southcoast seen any aguila collibri around? I would just order online, oh wait it doesn't work like that[thinking]

Gun show this weekend in Marlboro....but wouldn't be surprised if you see them selling for $75 a brick.

None of the quiet rounds are quiet in a handgun. I've shot CCI Quiet 22., Remington CB caps, and Aguila Super Colibri's in both handguns and rifles. In a handgun they are still loud enough to attract attention. In a rifle you can shoot it right outside someones window and they wont notice it.
They do not cycle firearms. I always use a bolt rifle and make sure each shot leaves the barrel.

I've shot them outside my house and my neighbor was home. She asked if I was shooting a BB gun. I said yes and put it away and got a pellet gun out just in case.

I have also used them to shoot woodchucks at close range and they died with one shot. I did shoot them in the head.

Oh and they now make quiet-22 fragmentation. If I ever find any I'm buying it. Even at retard prices. I love fragmentation .22 rounds

None of the quiet rounds are quiet in a handgun. I've shot CCI Quiet 22., Remington CB caps, and Aguila Super Colibri's in both handguns and rifles. In a handgun they are still loud enough to attract attention. In a rifle you can shoot it right outside someones window and they wont notice it.
They do not cycle firearms. I always use a bolt rifle and make sure each shot leaves the barrel.

I've shot them outside my house and my neighbor was home. She asked if I was shooting a BB gun. I said yes and put it away and got a pellet gun out just in case.

I have also used them to shoot woodchucks at close range and they died with one shot. I did shoot them in the head.

Oh and they now make quiet-22 fragmentation. If I ever find any I'm buying it. Even at retard prices. I love fragmentation .22 rounds
Yeah so far I've only shot the cci quiets and some Remington subsonic. The quiets are just loud enough where I want to wear hearing protection. Still need to get my hand on some colibris, hopefully the regular not the supers. Cycling isn't an issue as I'm using a snub revolver, or out of the bolt gun.

What're the quiet fragmentation rounds? Never heard of em..

Back
Top Bottom