• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Quiet .22lr

We used to shoot all day long as kids with non-quiet .22.

Interested in that fragmentation .22 also.

CCI has multiple variants of "Segmented HP", with the lowest power option being Quiet-22 (710fps, 45ft-lbs) for rifles. I got a box of the latter at Shooter's Outpost.

Other than hunting or ricochet reduction, I don't know that there is much benefit to this SHP round over normal RN Quiet-22.

Last edited:
Anyone have any leads on where to pick up some quiet .22 in SE MA? I've never really sought it out, but I can't remember ever seeing any in a shop. Obviously, please don't publicly out anyone that will ship to ma.
if you dont find any let me know. I have some CCI .22 22grain quiet i bought by accident. i think i have 150 RDs I will trade for an equal amount of regular 22 or a box of 45

Dicks had them in plymouth recently.... Plymouth bay outfitters had them last week.......... Outback may as well

Anyone have any leads on where to pick up some quiet .22 in SE MA? I've never really sought it out, but I can't remember ever seeing any in a shop. Obviously, please don't publicly out anyone that will ship to ma.

Oxford, MA Walmart had at least 10 boxes of some "Quiet 22" last weekend. I have no idea what it is, but I prefer the faster stuff myself. Used to shoot "regular" .22 as a kid without earmuffs and I'm not THAT deaf.

I love the Quiet 22 from CCI, I shoot them with the grand kids. I picked up a brick at Al's in Derry,N.H. for $50.00 and thought tha was high, but got a good deal on a Browning X-bolt so I grabed them.
Bill

So yesterday (Thursday) I go up to Shooters outpost to get some CCI Quiet .22s, they were about $3.99 about 3 months ago, they wanted $6.99 a 50 pk so I left and went to Riley's and they were $3.99 there, so I bought a brick for $34.99.Shooters said that what they were and they were not getting anymore until the first of next year. At that price it might just last until next year.

So yesterday (Thursday) I go up to Shooters outpost to get some CCI Quiet .22s, they were about $3.99 about 3 months ago, they wanted $6.99 a 50 pk so I left and went to Riley's and they were $3.99 there, so I bought a brick for $34.99.Shooters said that what they were and they were not getting anymore until the first of next year. At that price it might just last until next year.

I was in D&L in Warwick and they have 20 cases or more of CCI Quiet 22. I can't believe they are going to sell that much in a short time frame. They may be stocking up for November.

Not to go too OT, but same question as OP, but with a 15-22 rifle. Will it work with sub sonic rounds, and if so, are there certain brands that work better than others.

I have shot about a brick of Remington subsonics through my CMMG conversion kit, and they have cycled 100%. I have not tried any other subsonics in it.

i have found this CCI .22 quiet at Kittery trading post $3.69 box of 50 and seen it at the gun shop in plymouth center. i have tried both .22 quiet (710 fps) and .22 suppressor (910 fps i believe) and .22 quiet is quieter than the supressor out of a 10/22. .22 quiet is even more quiet than the cb caps i got at walmart. .22 quiet out of a 10/22 sounds like a 1000 fps pellet gun. the bullet hitting a plywood backdrop is louder than the rife. fyi. it will go through alteast 3 layers of half inch plywood at times.

This thread makes me want to shoot out my open window behind the house.

Not that I would ever do that!! [smile]

I have shot about a brick of Remington subsonics through my CMMG conversion kit, and they have cycled 100%. I have not tried any other subsonics in it.

Of course they do remsubsonics are basically SV 1050 fps or sub sonic. Not really quiet either.
Try some Rem CBee22 they run 750fps at that point might as well just get a good 22 cal pellet gun.

Last edited:
Quiet and a 20" barrel are close to silent, I recently had to test this

shot the quiets outside and they were quiet. shot the quiets on indoor range (w/o hearing protection) and they were too loud for my fragile ears.

Of course they do remsubsonics are basically SV 1050 fps or sub sonic. Not really quiet either.
Try some Rem CBee22 they run 750fps at that point might as well just get a good 22 cal pellet gun.

but a .22 rifle is way cheaper than a good pellet gun and you dont need to break the barrel for every shot.

but a .22 rifle is way cheaper than a good pellet gun and you dont need to break the barrel for every shot.

Plenty of cheap pelletguns and you have under lever , side lever , Co2 and pumps also. Also pelletguns in general are legal to discharge around your house CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS.

Had a chance to try some CCI quiets and CB shorts in my 10/22 at MFS. Had no problems shooting the quiets without ear protection, only a slight "pak" sound. Could shoot them all day in single shot mode.

CB shorts were louder and not consistent at all. They ranged from as muted as the quiets to slight pain in the ear (stopped after one of these shots). Both were accurate at 50ft, but the CB would not feed in the mag. Had to load them one by one by hand.

Didn't dare try to shoot any of the standard 22lr without ears. I did go as far as dropping down to just foam plugs instead of my usual plugs + earmuffs. That was already borderline for me. I like to maintain my acute hearing. Will try to test some colibri if I ever see them in stores.

TLDR: CCI quiets are fairly accurate and feed fine from mags in a 10/22. They are cheaper, quieter and more consistent than CB shorts.

I shoot CCI 22 Quiets out of my Golden Boy all of the time. The tube magazine will hold 22 rounds. Plenty quiet to shoot with no ear protection, but a word to the wise about penetration and backstop.

I built a 4'x4' target out of cedar planks 1-1/4" thick, 6" wide. We have used it for back yard pellet guns, archery and tomahawk. The first shot with CCI quiets went straight through and I heard it going through the woods 100 feet beyond the target. Now I lean it against a couple bails of hay.

Both Raynham Walmarts have quiets all of the time.

Back
Top Bottom