• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

R&R Sport Shop

Just wanted to post this for the western mass people out here.

413-323-6785

16 Federal St. Belchertown, MA 01007

It's on Rt.9, a couple of miles west from the Ware gunshop.

Being young, most of the time when I go to a gunshop I get brushed off. R&R is one of the few where the owners/clerk actualy greet me and ask me if they can help me find something. Unlike the Ware Gun Shop, where if you ask how they're doing they give me a nod and walk away, only good thing about them is the ammo prices are decent, although the selection is limited.

R&R's got a huge selection of hunting rifles/shotguns and fishing supplies, and a pretty good selection of handguns. They also have a milsurp rack that is pretty well stocked most of the time, and a couple AR-15s too. From what I've seen firearm prices are about average for mass, but ammo is way over-priced(wolf 7.62x39 for $5.49, 100rd value pack of WWB 9mm for ~$20). I've bought two SKS's from them and they've definetly earned a return customer.

One of my favorite haunts. I get some outstanding deals there from time to time.
I'm still grinning aboout the Browning single shot 45-70 that I picked up like new for $400 a couple of years ago.[smile]
I saw a Yugo mauser there for $150 a couple of weeks ago.
They have always been very helpfull about ordering guns and doing transfers.
They are very much hunting and fishing oriented but have a good selection of all kinds of used guns at reasonable prices.
They will still throw in a box of ammo or a gun sock after the sale, sometimes.
When the place is not busy, they seem happy to shoot the bull.
Definately worth a stop if you're cruising the hill country.

BTW, location is the intersection of Rte.9 & Rte.202

They are a bunch of good guys. I went in, NOT looking for a gun mind you, and also being young, and able to talk my way around the various clouts of politics and firearms, about an hour later I walked out with a brand new Sig P226. They know thier stuff esp. if you looking for advice for hunting or just shooting the breeze. I find them very helpful and a decent selection/knowledge of HANDGUNS, becasue they mostly stock hunting/fishing supplies but are very knowledgeable about thier sport. Overall, ammo expensive, but the prices for handguns are consistent, if not below what you would get from dealers. Good bunch of guys and they def. have future sales through me, which will be a 870 Synthetic 18" Remington or maybe if I feel a little careless with my money(lol) a Benelli M4.

Will post pictures once bought! But a great place to check out!

Nice place plus there is a D&D in the same strip mall so the woman can go get a drink while you check out R&R..

Appearantly them and the guy who runs the Ware GUn Room hate each other!

Appearantly them and the guy who runs the Ware GUn Room hate each other!

That may be an understatement. About a year ago Richie got a letter from from the guy who runs the Ware shop accusing Richie of bad-mouthing Ware to his customers but that it had back-fired and had made more people go to Ware. The guy then thanked Richie for all the free advertising and the business. Richie simply posted the letter on his counter for people to see.

Intresting posts,i've been there a few times and wasnt treated in the best of manners.maybe the guys were having a bad day,i think i will have to make a trip that way and stop in and look around again.
little off topic,any of you on here from western mass ever deal with valley sports shop in easthampton?how are they to deal with?

I have had some dealings with Tim at Valley Sports and have generally been satisfied. Many more long guns than handguns but sometimes he has some interesting items.

I'd have to say that I'm about 90% a fan. Mixed results with the owner of R&R for me. ALL of the clerks are great though.

Great selection of most things at this store. Long guns, archery supplies, fishing, holsters, shooting supplies, clothing, and general gear. Handgun selection is a little on the small side. I have gotten some great ammo deals here too.

Just went to R&R last night for the first time. The guys were great and very helpful. The shop is very big, but the firearms selection was a little slim as far as handguns. The prices on the guns and ammo were both high but we were treated great and sometimes that is worth it.

I've always had good luck at R&R. Last time I was in, I found something out about the pricing on ammo. When they buy ammo, they price it based on what they paid. I was buying some 30-30 ammo, and the guy found a box that was priced a buck lower per box. When I asked why the price difference, he replied that they don't raise the prices on what's already been put out. I thought that was pretty cool.
Shiners are always lively there, too.

Just purchased my first handgun from them last night. I got a factory refurbished Sig 226 in .40 that looks about as close to new as you can find. Sig does a nice job. They treated me well and put up with my decision process since they had two there to choose from. They also took a few bucks off the ticketed price too. Nice, clean and organized store. I will be back for sure.

Well I didn't expect 2 in a row but I wanted to share another good experience at R&R. Very helpful and informative guys. I learned a thing or two while talking with the salespeople after the purchase of my new .22 rifle. I also got a nice discount on a gun case and I DIDN'T have to ask for it. I also have to say that they are very pleasant over the phone and take the time to answer all my questions. I highly recommend that you check them out.

Nice place, friendly people. Well stocked in fishing and hunting gear. Long arm section is pretty good size, though the handgun selection, both new and used is pitiful. Decent ammo selection. Prices where decent but on the high side. Maybe one can bargain with them otherwise there are better places.

little off topic,any of you on here from western mass ever deal with valley sports shop in easthampton?how are they to deal with?

I deal with Tim (Valley Sports) a lot, very nice guy, knows his stuff and prices are good. He runs a good store to shop in.

R&R is a nice shop also, I've bought a few things from them, I'm thinking about having them do some work to my Jennings Bow, they are the only Jennings dealer in this area right now.

R&R Sprts Shop Belchertown MA

Had not seen a review for them yet.

They had a rifle I had been looking for and held it for me till I could get there on Saturday to pick it up.

Everyone was friendly and helpful. Looks to be mostly geared towards hunters and all the staff seem to hunt quite a bit. not the place to go if you are looking for a large selection of SIGs or Glocks, but a very nice collection of shotguns and hunting rifles of all sorts. There were also a few surplus mil styles.

They also had a selection of ammo that I appreciated. I had been having trouble finding a couple of brands in .357, but they had some, so that was a nice bonus.

Very smooth transactions and prices were on par with what I have seen in general in MA.

http://www.randrsportshop.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife had me running errands today. She must have thought it was safe to send me out alone on a Sunday. MOST of the local gun shops are closed, but not R&R. I stopped in to just look around and ended up taking home a couple used .22lr rifles. It was busy, but Rich kept everyone engaged talking about one thing or another. He threw in a free box of 22's. How can you beat that?!??! As always it was a very pleasurable time. If you have never been and are in the area, stop in.

I'l give a qualified thumbs up for them. I was once looking for a Sig 239, I called them up asked if they had it in stock. They said, yes, and I said hold it for 40 minutes. 40 minutes later I showed up and asked to see it. I checked the action, looked it over and said, "it's a nice gun.' the owner looked at me and said, if you buy it right now I'll take another $45 off . I said, done and walked out with the gun in hand 10 minutes later. While I was talking to the cleark he said the owner really likes people who know what they want and will give discounts to people who make the process quick and simple.

Just an FYI, if you know what you want. Walk in the door and tell them that you'll buy if the deal is good. They'll do what they need to (within reason) to make the deal work.

I like that.

i have been dealing with rich and family for almost 30 yrs now and he is my main supplier as he is always fair to deal with. now that my grandson goes there it makes 3 generations of my family that deals almost exclusively with r&r. check them out and you will never regret it. i have been into the ware gun shop only one time and i will never go there again.

I ended up winning a Gunbroker auction that was listed by R&R and was pleasantly suprised to find out they have Sunday hours.

Instead of paying the shipping and extra transfer fee I took the drive this afternoon and it really isn't bad - 1 1/2 hours or so from Holbrook (and that was with flurries).

This shop had a wide selection of long guns and handguns as well as what seemed to be a decent stock of ammo.

They also had a huge archery, hunting and fishing gear department which I didn't have too much time to look around in. (Although I was in an out with my purchase in about 15-20 minutes which is pretty good with paperwork and the fingerprint scan).

Did I mention they are open 7-4 on Sunday!

Definitely worth the trip if you have nothing to do next weekend.

One of the guys from my club who works at R&R mentioned that they had some Hydra-Shok .45 ammo for $20/50 rounds so I wen there on Saturday and picked up last three boxes. I also got sling mounts for my Mossy. Overall it was a good experience.

Know this is an old thread but gotta give credit where credit is due. Stopped at R&R on Thursday. Picked up a Ruger SR22 and some ammo. Good guys, pleasent experience. Let me fondle as many of the guns as I dared to. [smile] Second purchase from them. Also picked up my SR9c from them back in August. Maybe on the 3rd purchase I'll get a discount. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom