• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ran my first IDPA, what a great time!

DarthRevan

NES Member
Not sure how well the link works, but I'll fix it later when I'm not on my phone.
I wish I got into this sooner, it was a ton of fun and challenging too!

I look forward to going again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I got into IDPA last June and have been hooked since. Though I haven't been to a match since September. Need to get back out there.

I need to make sure I check my point of aim with the camera anytime I move it. Those last three videos were compromised a bit...

- - - Updated - - -

Rookie cameraman mistakes

Very cool, thanks for sharing. On the one hand, I'm interested in trying this. On the other hand, I'm thinking I would miss every target [hmmm]
I'm not great by any stretch of the imagination but slow is smooth and smooth is fast.
I did worse on the stages I rushed, and excellent (relatively) on the ones I took my time on.
Besides you won't know how good you are until you try!

IDPA is awesome fun. So's USPSA. And the camera lets you look at all your mistakes, over and over again. That's why I don't have one.

I shot an IDPA intro a couple of years ago at Harvard and it was an outstanding day. I wish I had more time to commit to it the last few years but I don't. Just can't bring myself into getting into it only half assed.

It seems like my stress level was lower when I was involved in weekly competitive shooting.

I just ran my first IDPA as well at the Woburn Sportsmen's Club. Everyone was great giving the newbie advice and encouragement with the stages and rules. It was a great way to get a feel for the discipline and training needed to compete. Didn't score well but had a BLAST! Can't wait to get back and make a run having a little more understanding. Love the mental part of each stage.

I just ran my first IDPA as well at the Woburn Sportsmen's Club. Everyone was great giving the newbie advice and encouragement with the stages and rules. It was a great way to get a feel for the discipline and training needed to compete. Didn't score well but had a BLAST! Can't wait to get back and make a run having a little more understanding. Love the mental part of each stage.
I'll be going to the one in Harvard on the 23th

Hopefully I'll make that match. I wimped out on yesterday's match in Woburn because of the rain[laugh]
My son and I will be there too. If you're interested Harvard's first USPSA match of the season is this Sunday 4/9 , we'll be there too.
I was too busy this weekend playing in the mud at Monadnock!
And with me currently working weekends I cant take another day off until the 23rd

Back
Top Bottom