Range Report 1/30/09

Well, the wife and I finally were able to try out the new handguns.

S&W M&P9c

What can I say, this is a dream to shoot for me. Still some play in the trigger but only has about 100 rnds through it right now and will give a final thought on the trigger after another 400 or so. One thing I noted was some of the remanufactured ammo that the range uses. 2 hang ups out of 50 for this stuff, but the 50 rnds of American Eagle 124 gr. fed flawlessly. Out of the box it appears my pistol likes to shoot some to the left but will wait another 100 rnds before I try and adjust the sights.

Kahr CW9

The trigger feels kind of toyish but all I can get my wife to say is 'I love shooting this gun'. Grip is good, and shoots pretty nice as well. She shot about 100 rnds from her gun as well. Points where I aimed so cant ask for anything more out of a pistol.

Nice! Glad to hear the Mrs. likes her gun, too. It must feel good knowing you don't have to put up with guns interfering with your marriage.

They will when it gets to 'I want to shoot that one' or 'Its my turn in the purchase queue!'.

She is also excited about talking to the guys at Little Bear Holsters at possibly apprenticing to learn how to make holsters.

As far as the guns I was really surprised on how nice the Kahr shot. As far as single stack 9mm I prefer the Kahr over the PPS as far as feel in my hand AND shootability.

Last edited:
I really wish we could get a Kahrs up here. Hell, they make them in the state.

It'll be cool if your wife becomes a holster maker. Get us a discount! [smile]

Oh, and it's spelled "queue." I'm not picking on you; that word is a pet peeve of mine. It's one of those words nobody knows how to spell (I still mess it up from time to time).

Their costs were NOT that bad. I got a custom holster, belt and mag pouch for $150 or so. given my current situation with the hip my gun will be almost perpendicular to the ground (when I wear the Glaco it rubs my artificial hip in a weird way in which it impossible to forget I am carrying). Adding 'exotic' leather is not that much more, it was like $10 more if I wanted a shark skin belt, and man the Asian, Albino Spitting Cobra leather can make for a SEXY female ccw holster.

When I go there I'll bring the camera and ask if i can snap a couple pics of some of their holsters.

Last edited:
Well, the wife and I finally were able to try out the new handguns.

S&W M&P9c

What can I say, this is a dream to shoot for me. Still some play in the trigger but only has about 100 rnds through it right now and will give a final thought on the trigger after another 400 or so. One thing I noted was some of the remanufactured ammo that the range uses. 2 hang ups out of 50 for this stuff, but the 50 rnds of American Eagle 124 gr. fed flawlessly. Out of the box it appears my pistol likes to shoot some to the left but will wait another 100 rnds before I try and adjust the sights.

Kahr CW9

The trigger feels kind of toyish but all I can get my wife to say is 'I love shooting this gun'. Grip is good, and shoots pretty nice as well. She shot about 100 rnds from her gun as well. Points where I aimed so cant ask for anything more out of a pistol.

If you've haven't done the trigger yet you might be pulling them off to the left yourself. That 10LB trigger is a bear. If you're planning on doing it, have the trigger done before you try adjusting the sights and then give it 100 to smooth out. It worked for mine.

EDIT: Oops, just noticed you're in FLA so you've got the good trigger. Nevermind! LOL

Back
Top Bottom