• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

rare and very dangerous gun recovered by police

Thank god it wasn't a 4tay![rofl]
Love the grandstanding of the officers in getting this weapon of mass destruction off the streets...
What a bunch of tools!
I support the rights of citizens owning firearms, but...

For those how don’t want to read the whole article:

Winchester's Super-X .22 WMR 40 grain jacketed hollow point (JHP) and full metal jacket (FMJ) bullets--Winchester offers both--have a MV of 1910 fps with ME of 324 ft. lbs. from a rifle barrel. Fired from a 6.5" pistol barrel the same loads register 1480 fps MV and 195 ft. lbs. ME. Note that rifle ballistics of this load are nearly identical to the 40 grain 5.7x28mm factory load as fired from a sub-machinegun length barrel and from a pistol barrel the 5.7x28mm is only a puny 21 ft. lbs. of kinetic energy ahead of the .22 WMR. I have never heard that semi-automatic .22 WMR squirrel and jackrabbit rifles were considered a particular threat to police, nor have I ever heard the .22 WMR described as a "cop killer" handgun round. Actually, the .22 WMR is considered a "mouse gun" caliber by most handgun authorities.

Once again the media (and in this case Green Bay Police Commander Paul Ebel) have no idea of which they speak. The only real advantage I see of 5.7X28 mm over the .22 WMR is that it is centerfire, so generally a bit more reliable. And I own an FN FiveseveN.

Stories like this are why I wish some day some collector would go off the chain on a spree or a robbery with a couple of Gyrojets.

The news coverage would be incredible. "Star Wars!" "Star Trek!" "Buck Rogers!"

Hyperventilating DA comparing the noise level from a box of Alka Seltzer in water to a bazooka, and the accuracy of a Nerf gun to a laser. Chief of police claiming they can't stand up to such advanced firepower.

gartman had one just last sat. If I knew it was so rare I’d have bought it!!!

Next to it was the Ruger 5.7.

Go figure?

2 rare guns right next to each other?
There are a couple 57s in the classifieds right now? It's like antiques roadshow in this bitch
I’m buying a lottery ticket!

I’m starting to think they got me on the rare part. Lol.

Somebody should tell them you can have an AR pistol in multiple rifle cartridges. Just saying…

I was expecting it to be like a Borchardt C-93 or something...

C-93_cropped.png

Back
Top Bottom