Rats!

Laura

NES Member
I'm in a condo and we had new flood lights installed in the gazebo by the pond so it lights up like a Christmas tree all night. With the lighting, I can see the ground near the pond and close to my building. Two nights ago someone in the parking lot threw a rock at something and when I looked outside to see what, I saw a rat about the size of a small dog. This is the second time I've seen it and I'm sure it's a regular but given the darkness, it was hidden from view. If I was ever exiting my car at night in the lot and was approached by a rat or it came near me, would I be justified to shoot a .22 handgun for protection or not?

probably have to show some gnawing on your person, but firing upon a rat in a condo parking lot will most likely bring some ramifications. but remember, like all nes felons locked up, you'll be entitled to have a small sum deposited in your commissary account each month compliments of your pals here on the forum.

... Two nights ago someone in the parking lot threw a rock at something and when I looked outside to see what, I saw a rat about the size of a small dog. This is the second time I've seen it ...
nBGsb.jpg

It was dark, anything is possible but I'm betting it was a rat since other people have been seeing them.

A rat is a rat. Is it legal for Massachusetts residents to have a baton or is that not allowed either?

I have a cat, but I'm not sending her outside. I doubt highly if I had a dog, I'd let it anywhere near those things....

Terriers are great for mice and rats, my pitbulls make quick work of them. Used to have 2 jack russel terriers. You could always make a trap from a bucket with a spinning dowel through the top, filled with water and baited with sunflower kernels. This trap works way too well, and cleaning up dead bloated carcasses is pretty gross.

I'm in a condo and we had new flood lights installed in the gazebo by the pond so it lights up like a Christmas tree all night. With the lighting, I can see the ground near the pond and close to my building. Two nights ago someone in the parking lot threw a rock at something and when I looked outside to see what, I saw a rat about the size of a small dog. This is the second time I've seen it and I'm sure it's a regular but given the darkness, it was hidden from view. If I was ever exiting my car at night in the lot and was approached by a rat or it came near me, would I be justified to shoot a .22 handgun for protection or not?

That's why God gave us the bow and arrow. It's a quiet killer ;)

South Peabody is having an infestation of Rodents. I was out working in the driveway the other afternoon, as a masked individual from The Peabody Board of Health strolled up and handed me a flyer about Rat and Rodent control. I had to ask, WHY the handout? He said there were a metric shit ton of residents reporting encounters with Rats and Rodents as of late. Time to break out the wrist rocket slingshot.

Last edited:
South Peabody is having an infestation of Rodents. I was out working in the driveway the other afternoon, as a masked individual from The Peabody Board of Health strolled up and handed me a flyer about Rat and Rodent control. I had to ask, WHY the handout? He said there were a metric shit ton of residents reporting encounters with Rats and Rodents as of late. Time to break out the wrist rocket slingshot.

do you think they had a plan beyond handing out flyers?

do you think they had a plan beyond handing out flyers?
Yup! Print out more flyers , the town doesn't give a rats ass about the little people. As long as they get their checks every week. 3 years now I have been on the "List" to have the Town tree (actually one large limb) that overhangs my driveway trimmed so it wont fall or drop its green slime on my trucks. I'm still waiting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom