• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Raven Vangaurd Question

Im thinking of ordering the new Vangaurd w/ claw for a Gen 2 G19. the website states there for Gen 3/4. So first question is whats the difference other than a rail? Second, is one review I read said that over time the retention became a little sloppy, so im assuming there is no adjustment, and im wondering if this person may have had a Gen 2 which may not have fit properly. Anyone have any experience with one on a Gen 2?

thanks in advance

Im thinking of ordering the new Vangaurd w/ claw for a Gen 2 G19. the website states there for Gen 3/4. So first question is whats the difference other than a rail? Second, is one review I read said that over time the retention became a little sloppy, so im assuming there is no adjustment, and im wondering if this person may have had a Gen 2 which may not have fit properly. Anyone have any experience with one on a Gen 2?

thanks in advance

I can't speak about the Gen 2, but I have been using a VG2 on and off for 3 years now and I am a fan, especially when I am being lazy. I am interested in getting the claw and clip kit and seeing if it makes it any better.

I can't speak about the Gen 2, but I have been using a VG2 on and off for 3 years now and I am a fan, especially when I am being lazy. I am interested in getting the claw and clip kit and seeing if it makes it any better.

Ya I cant see why a Gen 2 would be any different. Is there any retention adjustment?

I think the Claw is a great idea, just by playing around w holster I can really see how it would keep the butt from sticking out, Im gonna call them and see If I can order a few extra and see if I can rig them up to my current holsters.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I cant see why a Gen 2 would be any different. Is there any retention adjustment?

I think the Claw is a great idea, just by playing around w holster I can really see how it would keep the butt from sticking out, Im gonna call them and see If I can order a few extra and see if I can rig them up to my current holsters.

There is no adjust-ability, it is injection molded to kind of pop onto the trigger guard. The only thing I can think of is maybe the trigger guard on the Gen2 is a little different then the 3/4.

- - - Updated - - -

Retention is really done with your belt, the VG2 is really just a trigger guard block.

No experience with these but a couple questions for you guys who do.
Do you feel your front sight dig into you at all depending on how you wear it?
Again depending on where you wear it, would kydex not feel better on your skin, than the steel slide?

Just thinking out loud.

No experience with these but a couple questions for you guys who do.
Do you feel your front sight dig into you at all depending on how you wear it?
Again depending on where you wear it, would kydex not feel better on your skin, than the steel slide?

Just thinking out loud.

Standard height sights, no issue. I have suppressor heights on one of my 19's, and I have felt that one once or twice. The VG2 is really just an other tool for the job. I absolutely prefer a real holster, but where the VG2 comes into it's own is in the summer time when I am wearing lighter shorts with a lighter belt and a tee shirt. An other time I use it is if I am leaving the OWB holster I was carrying in on my pants when I get comfortable at the end of the night, I pop the VG2 on and place it on the coffee table/night stand.

Fnally got around to calling Raven. They said the trigger guard is slightly different on the Gen 2 and would not have the proper retention. I've read reviews that say the eidilon is fine on a gen 2 just need to adjust the retention, but may not work with the vanguard. I then asked if I could order just the claw, they said not at the moment but would be available in the future under there accessories page

Back
Top Bottom