Raymond / Country Pond / Pinnacle / Chester ?

Looking for a club in Southern NH, starting 2021 is fine although sooner is always better.

I've heard great things about Londonderry and would love to see about joining, but they've closed their waitlist and currently "there is no path to membership" there (obviously if anyone's an insider, PM me ha).

I've heard of Raymond, looks like their website's a little wonky with lots of certificate errors and stuff...

I've shot at Chester a few times and it's seems fine, just a little far from me.
I know Country Pond exists, but not much else...
Heard a good review of Pinnacle, but not taking members until 2021 (might pursue this further).

Any other good clubs? Hudson is out based on their website/rules, and Nashua I've heard mixed (mostly negative) things and I'm not sure they're accepting members.

Also, I'm interested in anyone's experiences at these clubs.

Looking for a club in Southern NH, starting 2021 is fine although sooner is always better.

I've heard great things about Londonderry and would love to see about joining, but they've closed their waitlist and currently "there is no path to membership" there (obviously if anyone's an insider, PM me ha).

I've heard of Raymond, looks like their website's a little wonky with lots of certificate errors and stuff...

I've shot at Chester a few times and it's seems fine, just a little far from me.
I know Country Pond exists, but not much else...
Heard a good review of Pinnacle, but not taking members until 2021 (might pursue this further).

Any other good clubs? Hudson is out based on their website/rules, and Nashua I've heard mixed (mostly negative) things and I'm not sure they're accepting members.

Also, I'm interested in anyone's experiences at these clubs.
Not sure where you where you heard country pond is not taking members. We are. There was a 3 month time where we stopped running orientatiin sessions due to covid bit orientations are now open and we are inducting new members every month.

Great club.

Lots of public events pins plates 3 gun rimfire plates and steel challenge.

24 hour indoor range up to 44 mag no restrictions on ammo type. 9mm and 38 special Pistol cal carbines allowed indoors.

Outdoor range has 25 50 and 100 yard berms.

We do not require a RO to be on duty to use the ranges like some clubs. We require that you obey basic safety rules is all. No holster draw unless it's at a club sanctioned event that uses it......not sure it that's a deal breaker for you or not but figured i would mention it. We do allow personally owned steel targets as long as they swing or tilt on impact as long as they are placed so that misses impact the berm (no ground targets).

Trap open 3 times a week Tuesday night sat afternoon and sun morning.

Last edited:
Not sure where you where you heard country pond is not taking members. We are. There was a 3 month time where we stopped running orientatiin sessions due to covid bit orientations are now open and we are inducting new members every month.

Great club.

Lots of public events pins plates 3 gun rimfire plates and steel challenge.

24 hour indoor range up to 44 mag no restrictions on ammo type. 9mm and 38 special Pistol cal carbines allowed indoors.

Outdoor range has 25 50 and 100 yard berms.

Trap open 3 times a week Tuesday night sat afternoon and sun morning.
My spacing of the post might have been confusing--it's Londonderry and Pinnacle that I've seen/heard aren't taking new members.

For Country Pond I wrote, "I know it exists, but not much else."

Sounds like some good facilities, though. I was going to try to do a match there to scope it out, but the COVID stuff came and derailed everything.

My spacing of the post might have been confusing--it's Londonderry and Pinnacle that I've seen/heard aren't taking new members.

Sounds like some good facilities, though. I was going to try to do a match there to scope it out, but the COVID stuff came and derailed everything.
Many events are opening back up. Check the website. Some require pre registration as they are trying to keep the numbers manageable to allow some distancing.

What types of shooting are you interested in? Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Many events are opening back up. Check the website. Some require pre registration as they are trying to keep the numbers manageable to allow some distancing.

What types of shooting are you interested in? Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Country Pond's 3-gun matches are on Practiscore, looks like registration for a 3-gun match on 8/30 opens up in a week:

Country Pond Fish Game Club | PractiScore

Home | PractiScore

On the competition side of things, in the past I've done a bunch of CMP matches and USPSA and Steel Challenge. I was hoping to try three gun this year. I'd also love to try matches like "back up gun" or "historical two gun" although I don't know many, if any, New England clubs that do those types of events.

Basically looking for a Fudd-free environment that has a 100+ outdoor range as well as an area that allows more dynamic stuff like shooting on the move and drawing from a holster, etc.

Generally at a club I'm doing one of two things:
- Bench shooting with C&R style guns (or sometimes newer guns) at steel plates and/or paper
- Doing drills and/or competition-style practice shooting paper/clays on the berm/water jugs.

Sounds like there's a 3-gun match on 8/30, may try for that.

On the competition side of things, in the past I've done a bunch of CMP matches and USPSA and Steel Challenge. I was hoping to try three gun this year. I'd also love to try matches like "back up gun" or "historical two gun" although I don't know many, if any, New England clubs that do those types of events.

Basically looking for a Fudd-free environment that has a 100+ outdoor range as well as an area that allows more dynamic stuff like shooting on the move and drawing from a holster, etc.

Generally at a club I'm doing one of two things:
- Bench shooting with C&R style guns (or sometimes newer guns) at steel plates and/or paper
- Doing drills and/or competition-style practice shooting paper/clays on the berm/water jugs.

Sounds like there's a 3-gun match on 8/30, may try for that.
I'd say cpfg would meet all your needs except for holster draw and shoot on the move.....unless your actually at a 3 gun. Currently we don't have action pits to allow on your own practice with holster draw and shoot/move/ communicate drills. The board is looking into options to build action pits and it is a goal we have set for improving the club....but that is a long term goal maybe 1-3 years away

I'd say cpfg would meet all your needs except for holster draw and shoot on the move.....unless your actually at a 3 gun. Currently we don't have action pits to allow on your own practice with holster draw and shoot/move/ communicate drills. The board is looking into options to build action pits and it is a goal we have set for improving the club....but that is a long term goal maybe 1-3 years away
It's not something that needs to be available right away. To be honest, I was doing most of the draw practice with dry fire at home and the shooting practice at my MA club that doesn't allow drawing.

Looks like attending an event and drumming up a potential sponsor is the way to go; thanks for the information.

Londonderry has a waiting list that will probably take 2 years or more to clear. They only accept members ~February each year.

Londonderry has a waiting list that will probably take 2 years or more to clear. They only accept members ~February each year.
Yes; I had a few people I know tell me it was a great club and I dragged my feet on waitlisting in 2018 and 2019. I'm now faced with the consequences of that indecision, but that's life.

I wish I could get on the list now, even if it'll take 2+ years, but I understand that they'd want to cap the list.

Yes; I had a few people I know tell me it was a great club and I dragged my feet on waitlisting in 2018 and 2019. I'm now faced with the consequences of that indecision, but that's life.

I wish I could get on the list now, even if it'll take 2+ years, but I understand that they'd want to cap the list.
My Wife dragged her feet until ~November last year. Unbeknownst to us, they shut off the list in September. Didn't matter anyway as membership is capped and only the number that don't renew open up for new members . . . and the number of non-renewals this year was minuscule. So the queue was huge the last time we were told by club officers. However, it doesn't hurt to put your name on that list and hope things change over the next few years.

Chester is the club you seek,...
I've shot a bunch of matches there. I've only seen a limited amount of the club, but do not have any complaints other than it's a bit of a drive for me. I'm on their action shooting email list.

That, and if I am reading the website correctly, a lot of their ranges requires qualification, including the rifle range. I only skimmed the site, but didn't see what goes into such qualification, or how often.

Once every 5 years,.. simple demonstration of safe handling. Usually 10 rounds,.. and action pit qualification is making sure your draw is safe. Recent expansion brings the action pits up to 8,.. and indoor range is Hepa filtered and being renovated,.. all brand new opening in a month. I drive 48 minutes to get there and always worth it. Money I save being a member for the events I shoot brings my dues down very low. I'm not near Harvard or Pioneer so I am very happy there. I am also a member at Country Pond,. and their events are all open to the public. Great people at both clubs.

Once every 5 years,.. simple demonstration of safe handling. Usually 10 rounds,.. and action pit qualification is making sure your draw is safe. Recent expansion brings the action pits up to 8,.. and indoor range is Hepa filtered and being renovated,.. all brand new opening in a month. I drive 48 minutes to get there and always worth it. Money I save being a member for the events I shoot brings my dues down very low. I'm not near Harvard or Pioneer so I am very happy there. I am also a member at Country Pond,. and their events are all open to the public. Great people at both clubs.
Good info, thanks. That's a good point about the dues being offset with match fees and whatnot. I've enjoyed the matches I shot there, obviously matches don't always tell the whole story of a club.

Back
Top Bottom