RBG Replacement Supreme Court Appointment megathread

EMTDAD

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
To be clear, asking anyone to say they will vote for approval when the nominee hasn't even been announced yet is a little ridiculous. It's supposed to be a vote in support of an individual, at least let them say who that person will be before asking them to commit to a vote either way. Would you commit NOW that you will vote for a Republican president for all time no matter who they put up??

Let's wait at least until the nominee is officially named.

Not supporting Mittens, just saying it's premature to ask what anyone's vote will be.
I'm sure the nominee has already been privately proposed.. Everything is already known, vetted, and lined up... probably been like that for weeks.

Even Ginsburg's death was anticipated.. I'm sure insiders knew how close she was...

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
To be clear, asking anyone to say they will vote for approval when the nominee hasn't even been announced yet is a little ridiculous. It's supposed to be a vote in support of an individual, at least let them say who that person will be before asking them to commit to a vote either way. Would you commit NOW that you will vote for a Republican president for all time no matter who they put up??

Let's wait at least until the nominee is officially named.

Not supporting Mittens, just saying it's premature to ask what anyone's vote will be.
I'm sure the nominee has already been privately proposed.. Everything is already known, vetted, and lined up... probably been like that for weeks.

Even Ginsburg's death was anticipated.. I'm sure insiders knew how close she was...
I think you’re both correct.
  1. Both sides have had years to anticipate and plan a response to RBG’s death.
  2. Politicians prefer never asking a question they don’t already know the answer to, in this case not calling a Senate vote before they’ve privately tallied the likely result.
  3. Yet appearances matter like in any circus, so Romney would appear more objective only publicly consenting to a vote, even if he’a privately already decided and shared with McConnell. Though how far you can trust Romney (or any pol) is still debatable.

Reactions: 42!

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Could you guys at least PRETEND you're not dirty old men?!?? Sheesh

Back to topic, please for the love of the Lord
Hey, leave Zapp out of this. I'M the one that brought the salacious view in. Well, I guess Brian STARTED it [laugh]

Anyway, don't be racist. Dirty Old Men's Lives Matter (DOMLM)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I think shorty in front with the black sneaks might be alright too.
That's the one with the quads!! lol. The one to her right is in the middle row. Have at it though. Just bring some nutshellz. [laugh]

Top Bottom