• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RCBS Customer Service

RKG

NES Member
There have been a couple of threads over the years lauding RCBS customer service. I'd like to add one.

The round is .32 S&W Long. Not a round I load very often, but I picked up some new Starline brass and was sizing and belling it. The expander in my die (had it for a very long time) seemed to be a very tight fit -- long before you get to the belling part -- and eventually a case got stuck on it. After removing the case, I miked the "straight" (i.e., cylindrical) part of the expander plug at 0.3135 near the bottom and just a hair under 0.314 near the start of the bell. Sort of struck me as a bit over size.

Placed phone call to RCBS. Phone was answered by a tech; I reviewed the story and he said to hold on while he measured a couple of expander plugs. Came back and said they were all in the range of 0.311 to 0.3115. Asked for my mailing info so he could send me another. Refused to take a credit card number.

So far as I know, the "old" expander has worked every time I've loaded this round in the past, though with once- (or more-than-once-) fired brass; and we all know that Starline brass is sometimes on the thick side. Guy wouldn't hear of accepting payment.

I'm impressed.

They were great helping me out with a shell holder problem. Explained the problem with the tech, and he gave me an address to send my old shell holder to and said it would be their pleasure to replace the part for me free of charge.

very impressive indeed.

+1 for RCBS. Some of the primer feeding components on my turret broke down, RCBS sent out replacements right away. Awesome company.

Yeah, these folks are great. When i started reloading in the late 70's they were just as diligent. I remember them sending me a new decapping rod and several extra pins even knowing I was the cause of the original being bent. Nothing but good things to say about them here. It's good to hear stories like yours about positive service from companies. But it seems to be the norm when dealing with shooting sports related places. They are all for the most part decent to their customers.

Back
Top Bottom