• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reading gun club sponsors

Id like to get into Reading gun club. I see you need a sponsor that's already a member. Since I don't know anyone that is a member I was just wondering the best way to go about doing this? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Nick

I would say go to any open to public events and try to make friends. Also find out if they are even opening the door to new members?

Looks like they are doing a training this weekend that's open to the public (but costs money). Hard to say if it'll happen with the impending weather. I'd maybe try to use their "contact us" form and see if they have any feedback, or could offer a sort of "mentor" program for a current member to learn about a prospect with a view towards sponsorship.

Either that, or stalk their events/calendar for public events. Not sure what you meant by "gun shows" but I think mac was talking more like training, matches, etc. Looks like they might offer CMP matches but their site talks about construction causing closures.

Best way is probably to take up hipower rifle and start shooting with those guys... or so I've heard.

It's -intentionally- a pain in the ass to get into, and with good reason... they don't want a bunch of yee-haws skipping bullets off the 600 and getting the place
closed.

-Mike

I went to some events, then called the membership director and told him I wasn’t sure who I’d met.

Met him at the club, chatted a while, and he sponsored me. We moved so I dropped out.

Id like to get into Reading gun club. I see you need a sponsor that's already a member. Since I don't know anyone that is a member I was just wondering the best way to go about doing this? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Nick
Go to a meeting or any public event. Introduce yourself.

Back
Top Bottom