• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Really stupid question

DarkJoker33

NES Member
I have zero knowledge of reloading.

But as usual, it'd be nice to get into it at the future.

I saw a tik tok that tickled my brain and it was about reloading for 300 blackout.

And since 7.62x39 is so similar, I didn't know if the same process could be done.

Using .223/5.56 brass and reloading it for 7.62x39.

Mentioned tik tok
UncleSlam_138 on TikTok

thanks in advance

Can’t be done. Way different case.
You need to buy brass or possibly convert some some other brass in about 27 difficult steps yielding something that cost about 400x the cost of 7.62x39

Just shoot the blackout it’s way better than 7.62 any day. 😈

I just started reloading.
9mm to start because I shoot it and it's fairly easy.

Now onto your question.
300 BLK is based off of a shortened and renecked 5.56x45 case. You can do that and many do. Or you can buy once fired or new brass and just reload that while you get used to the process.

7.62x39 is a different case altogether. Different base. Different primer size.
I have dies for that cartridge as well as used brass but haven't got that far yet.

I just started reloading.
9mm to start because I shoot it and it's fairly easy.

Now onto your question.
300 BLK is based off of a shortened and renecked 5.56x45 case. You can do that and many do. Or you can buy once fired or new brass and just reload that while you get used to the process.

7.62x39 is a different case altogether. Different base. Different primer size.
I have dies for that cartridge as well as used brass but haven't got that far yet.
Thanks

I have zero knowledge of reloading.

But as usual, it'd be nice to get into it at the future.

I saw a tik tok that tickled my brain and it was about reloading for 300 blackout.

And since 7.62x39 is so similar, I didn't know if the same process could be done.

Using .223/5.56 brass and reloading it for 7.62x39.

Mentioned tik tok
UncleSlam_138 on TikTok

thanks in advance

So I haven't watched the video, because tok-tik is a chinese info trap and its full of attention whores, but I think I have an idea of what whoever was talking about.
Similar, but not.
Theres only a few thousandths of an inch difference between projectile diameter for .308 (which is what blackout uses) and X39 (.311).
Pauly Potato on tokface was probably trying to use one in place of the other. Like 308 projectiles in X39 or .311 in Blackout.
He might not make anymore videos because .311 down a blackout barrel leads to catastrophic failure.

Might also be talking about trying to blow-out or fire form one case to fit a different chamber. Case head diameter is way smaller. It'd be like throwin a sausage down a hallway. Could make up the difference with a smaller bolt face, but the locking lugs might have a different spec to it.

Honestly, its more work than its worth and its some retard making a video of "look what I can do thats completely ineffective"

2 completely different case and chamber dimensions

1664439895333.png

Like I said I know nothing.
Just the brass resize tickled my brain for it
You can almost find any “parent” case to form into something else.
Some are easy some are not.
7.62x39 is not one of the easy ones.
A few others that are easier
30-06 can be turned into 45acp, 8mm mauser, 7.7 jap and neck sized down for all the 30-X flavors you can think of.

Gotta start somewhere guys.

I'm sure Eddie Coyles class is great and that you've all taken it as beginners.

EddieCoyle's basic reloading class is great. I don't think he does the one where you get to keep the equipment anymore though.

I took it, then about a week later decided to renovate my basement so my reloading equipment went in a box. I need to dig it back out and give my self a refresher.

Then I need to take his rifle class because I've been shooting more 6.5CM and that stuff is pricey.

So I haven't watched the video, because tok-tik is a chinese info trap and its full of attention whores, but I think I have an idea of what whoever was talking about.
Similar, but not.
Theres only a few thousandths of an inch difference between projectile diameter for .308 (which is what blackout uses) and X39 (.311).
Pauly Potato on tokface was probably trying to use one in place of the other. Like 308 projectiles in X39 or .311 in Blackout.
He might not make anymore videos because .311 down a blackout barrel leads to catastrophic failure.

Might also be talking about trying to blow-out or fire form one case to fit a different chamber. Case head diameter is way smaller. It'd be like throwin a sausage down a hallway. Could make up the difference with a smaller bolt face, but the locking lugs might have a different spec to it.

Honestly, its more work than its worth and its some retard making a video of "look what I can do thats completely ineffective"

2 completely different case and chamber dimensions

View attachment 667617
That little info graph picture is a great explanation

7.62x39 easier to find,cheaper and still cheaper in brass than 300.
if you want to reload soviet block shit - reload it. there is nothing wrong with being weird. :)
make sure to get reloadable brass, like this norma, make sure it is not a berdan primer in there.

if you want a free advice which we all are full of :) - begin from .223, .308 to 6.5CM - in this order.
then .300blk, or 6CM, or 6 Dasher.
then 300 win mag, 338 lapua, etc.

progress from easier to less easy. or just do whatever pleases you, as nothing of this is the end of the world stuff.

if you want to reload soviet block shit - reload it. there is nothing wrong with being weird. :)
make sure to get reloadable brass, like this norma, make sure it is not a berdan primer in there.

If you want to buy commie caliber factory ammo and then reload the brass, Prvi Partizan is Boxer primed and pretty decent brass.

If you want to buy commie caliber factory ammo and then reload the brass, Prvi Partizan is Boxer primed and pretty decent brass.
You can also find New PPU brass for sale. Although its generally not a good price vs buying PPU loaded ammo and shooting it.
For example
50pc PPU boxer primed brass I just picked up for a friend came to .57c each shipped
Same vendor had the 15rd PPU boxer primed non corrosive stuff for .68 c shipped

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom