• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reciprocity, worth a phone call

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Will it happen? Probably not. But you miss every shot you don't take. So make a few calls.

And just imagine Maura's reaction if it did pass? Sure, she'd fight it, but it'll also drive her crazy. That alone is worth the time.

Will it happen? Probably not. But you miss every shot you don't take. So make a few calls.

And just imagine Maura's reaction if it did pass? Sure, she'd fight it, but it'll also drive her crazy. That alone is worth the time.

OMG there is gun on the table !!!! This bill is complete BS and it shows how f***ed up or elected officials are. WHY because of this.
The Bill of Rights (Amendments 1 - 10)

A call where? Our own US Reps here in MA? I got Moulton...how do u think that will go??? It’s equivalent to slamming my head off the wall and expecting a different result every time.
You would if the wall was made from different material. Concrete would suck.

Hell called it wants it's snowball back.
The republicans had two years to run the ball forward on 2A and we got nothing. Instead Trump bans bumpstocks with a stroke of a pen.
National reciprocity: dead
Hearing protection act: forgettaboutit
Repeal of the NFA: unicorn farts in the breeze

The republicans had two years to run the ball forward on 2A and we got nothing. Instead Trump bans bumpstocks with a stroke of a pen.
Don’t worry, Trump will sign off on banning 80% lowers under the “3D guns” bullshit after it passes both houses. Oh, and the NRA approves of HR 7115 too!

I can appreciate all the honest negativity, and I doubt anything will happen. Still I try, and make the calls, what's the point of it if we don't have hope? And true, calling MA Senators is a waste, but you can still call Senate and Committee leadership.... and not everyone on NES is in MA

Without 60 votes in Senate none of that was happening and Republicans didn’t have 60 votes in the Senate. It’s like watching Dems crowing about all the things they’re gonna get passed now that they took over the house. It’s pointless to get worked up over it. You know when the bullet was dodged? From 2008-2010 when Dems had the House and 60 votes in the Senate. They could have passed any legislation they wanted. They blew their load on Obamacare but that’s it. Trump & Republicans accomplished more meaningful things in their first two years without a 60 vote majority in the Senate than Dems did with it. And we were fortunate that there were two SCOTUS vacancies in the first two years. Now if only RGB...

This was going to pass this Congress, but a mass shooting by a mentally ill person, whose internet history was scrubbed, just happened to occur the week the vote was scheduled. Funny how that works huh?
The Hearing Protection Act has been attached to the SHARE act, which is a sportsman’s omnibus bill, and what a glorious omnibus it is. Of the important things the SHARE act does:
  • Eliminates the sporting purposes language from GCA ’68 and the law on armor piercing ammunition.
  • Creates a blanket exception for shotguns to prevent arbitrary reclassification as destructive devices.
  • Moves silencers/suppressors from Title II to Title I (no longer an NFA item).
  • Preempts states from playing games to discourage silencers but does not outright prevent states from banning them. (limited preemption)
  • Enhances the FOPA language to include travel by means other than vehicles.
  • Creates remedies against states that violate the safe travel provisions, including a cause of action and attorneys fees.
  • A bunch of hunting related shit I don’t really care about.

Citation please. I was only able to find this, and sounds like they aren’t really supporting hr.7115:
NRA-ILA | House Democrats Outline Gun Control Agenda for 116th Congress
Don’t need a citation. Whose side do u think the NRA is on? The homemade gun maker or the gun manufacturers?...Common sense should tell u that the next planned mass shooting will be with a firearm made from a 80% lower. Then WHAMMO!!!! HR7115 is a go and Donald “I like taking the guns first then due process” Trump will eventually sign it when it gets to him. And good ol’ Wayne and Chris will tell him to. Don’t worry it’s still better than Eric Swalwell’s nuclear option.

Back
Top Bottom