Recommend a good cellular game cam

whacko

NES Member
Want to buy a cell game cam for my wife for mother's day. Looking to spend $200. Alot of reviews say some are junk. Anyone use any in the $200 range that are decent? She's into using it around the yard not in remote areas.

I have the spypoint link I believe is the model. It’s ok I have it in a remote area I hunt that I can’t check. The pictures are not great sure I can tell it’s a buck or bear etc and it is easy to use. If I was using something on my property I would get a better non cellular camera that takes way better pictures.

I have the spypoint link I believe is the model. It’s ok I have it in a remote area I hunt that I can’t check. The pictures are not great sure I can tell it’s a buck or bear etc and it is easy to use. If I was using something on my property I would get a better non cellular camera that takes way better pictures.
The spypoint is what I'm looking at. We have an ancient one with the SD card only. Thought it would be a cool gift if she can just check them on her phone from anywhere. Whats the monthly fee plan for the spypoint?

The spypoint is what I'm looking at. We have an ancient one with the SD card only. Thought it would be a cool gift if she can just check them on her phone from anywhere. Whats the monthly fee plan for the spypoint?
Free plan is 100 pics a month
$5 a month is 250 pics
Unlimited pics is $15 a month
And you can change it up anytime right now I run free plan get closer to season I bump it up to unlimited

It is cool to have them come right to the phone no doubt but if you are trying to get great pictures with detail look elsewhere

Free plan is 100 pics a month
$5 a month is 250 pics
Unlimited pics is $15 a month
And you can change it up anytime right now I run free plan get closer to season I bump it up to unlimited

It is cool to have them come right to the phone no doubt but if you are trying to get great pictures with detail look elsewhere
Shes not into detail as much as just seeing what's out and about.

Shes not into detail as much as just seeing what's out and about.
Then I would have no hesitation on the spy point and you should be able to find them for right around $100 if not a little cheaper and still have $100 to take her for a nice diner
Looks like Midway and Walmart both have them for $99 right now

Then I would have no hesitation on the spy point and you should be able to find them for right around $100 if not a little cheaper and still have $100 to take her for a nice diner
Looks like Midway and Walmart both have them for $99 right now
Off to wally world after work then. Thanks.

I've had decent results from the Spypoint Micro. I don't know what its reaction and recovery times are but it's been good at not getting false triggers. Batteries are lasting quite a while as well. You can opt for HD resolution downloads but I have yet to do that. For $99, worth playing with.

I also have Bushnell Impulse which kicks ass when it's working. The ability to take a pic on demand is mint - I've used it to monitor traps. I've had to return two of them, and paid $300 each. PITA. I've seen them listed for much less though.

Some recent pics (low res thumbnails), as viewed in app on phone:
Screenshot_20210506-051258_SPYPOINT.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-051245_SPYPOINT.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-051324_SPYPOINT.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-051359_SPYPOINT.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-051313_SPYPOINT.jpg

I just ordered a Bushnell CelluCORE camera. About $130 each. There's a $15 rebate that's going until 10/31/21

All my traditional cameras are Bushnell and take great pics. I think their cell cameras have pricy data plans, but I didn't look much.

I've ended up with seven Moultrie Deltas which have shitty reviews, but I haven't had much of a problem. I buy the 2.99 a month plan which gets me 100 pictures. If I get close to going over that due to screwy settings or a flock of rabid rabbits, I can pay $5 for 500 more pics.

Which ones work with Sprint/Tmobile? I've been waiting til these things are better, and most of them are Verizon/ATT only.

I don't run that many cams anymore, but as the dog gets older I will be switching out of pheasant hunting and back to Archery more, so I'm gearing up slowly.

I just ordered a 3 pack of Muddy regular 12 mp cams for 99 bucks from Midway to add to the other two Wildview I have. Someday if I can find one that works with Sprint, I'll buy it.
The only one I found was 299....not paying that for a cam.

Didn't want to start a new thread anybody have any problems with spypoint micro? Mine worked great for about a year then stopped sending pictures and will not connect to cell signal according to the flashing led changed batteries new sd card format tried to upgrade firmware no luck. Yes I have cell service and have tried multiple locations thing is sitting on my desk now.Their tech support is horrible can never get ahold of them on phone and live chat the just run you in circles with stuff I already did then dump you when they don't know. Any suggestions would be welcomed

Didn't want to start a new thread anybody have any problems with spypoint micro? Mine worked great for about a year then stopped sending pictures and will not connect to cell signal according to the flashing led changed batteries new sd card format tried to upgrade firmware no luck. Yes I have cell service and have tried multiple locations thing is sitting on my desk now.Their tech support is horrible can never get ahold of them on phone and live chat the just run you in circles with stuff I already did then dump you when they don't know. Any suggestions would be welcomed
Not sure mine have a full year on them yet but they've been problem free so far. I only use SanDisk cards and Energizer lithium batteries.

Not sure mine have a full year on them yet but they've been problem free so far. I only use SanDisk cards and Energizer lithium batteries.
that's what I am running as well 2 others have been bomb proof for over a year been on live chat for a hour now trying to get sorted out
UPDATE spy point is sending a replacment

Which ones work with Sprint/Tmobile? I've been waiting til these things are better, and most of them are Verizon/ATT only.

I don't run that many cams anymore, but as the dog gets older I will be switching out of pheasant hunting and back to Archery more, so I'm gearing up slowly.

What you have for your phone service does not matter. The only thing you need to care about is if you have good signal with verizon or with ATT in the spots you put the cams. The cell service for the cams are totally seperate from your cell phone

What you have for your phone service does not matter. The only thing you need to care about is if you have good signal with verizon or with ATT in the spots you put the cams. The cell service for the cams are totally seperate from your cell phone
Rob.

Thanks so much!! I had no idea this was the case. In my area ATT is better.

My wife is looking at cams for me for Xmas.

I set most of my cameras to take at least 2 pics per trigger. When reviewing the images, it's a lot easier to pic out a change in the scene when there are at least two frames to compare while scrolling. Those bobcats can be tough to spot otherwise.

I'm a bit underwhelmed with the Bushnell CelluCORE 20. I can deal with the meh images, but it looks like the camera shutdown and stopped taking pics for some reason recently. It *did* have a bargain SD card in it, which has just been swapped out for a Sandisk. It was bundled with the SD card and battery, so I took a chance with it. Cheap memory cards often have a problem in the colder temps, and temps did get into the teens here. I've got a few more days of the free plan left to go. Not sure I'll pay to re-up.

The resolution of the night pics are very compressed. Daytime, not so much. Bobcat on the lower right of the day pic.
100_0014.JPG

100_0026.JPG

Back
Top Bottom