• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommendation: IWB magazine carrier

Hi again, everybody!

After receiving lots of great recommendations for an IWB single-clip holster for my S&W Shield, I opted to go with a Cook's holster. It is kickass, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a well-made, comfortable, discreet holster.

However, I am now in need of replacing my Crossbreed IWB dual magazine carrier. I reached out to Cook's to see if they would produce a dual carrier for me, but as of now, they only produce single magazine carriers.

SOOOOOOO....in the meantime, I am interested in suggestions for a dual single-stack IWB magazine carrier.

Thanks everybody!

- P -

They are not easy to find, I agree. My choice right now is the Remora double. It holds two "Shield" mags and can be tucked IWB in several locations and be fairly comfortable (and cheap!) .

They are not easy to find, I agree. My choice right now is the Remora double. It holds two "Shield" mags and can be tucked IWB in several locations and be fairly comfortable (and cheap!) .

I was going to suggest Remora. I don't have their mag holsters, but have a few gun holsters and love them, so I would assume the mag holsters work just as well. My only concern would be that a mag holster is so small, especially a single, that without a clip it could slip out before you felt it getting loose. With a double though, it should have enough friction area to hold it solidly. Next time I order from Remora, I plan to pick up one or two mag holsters to try out. When I carry the BG in the summer, the mag is so tiny I just throw a spare in a cargo pocket, but in the winter with double stack mags it would be nice to have an IWB carrier.

I have always done IWB for the pistol, and OWB for the spare mag or mags. You can get spare mag pouches/ holders that hold the mag away from your hip for competition stuff, or ones that hold it nice and tight to your hip for concealment purposes. I have a bunch of different mag holders for different guns and different uses.

I really like this one I got a while back.

http://www.snagmag.com/snagmag-concealed-magazine-holster/

Pretty cool concept, especially if you want to discrete carry at the rear edge of a cargo pocket.

I have something like this for 1911 mags. It was made by a guy on the 1911 forum who did a bunch of them from scratch, and then sold some to other members. His is one-piece polymer construction though, and it holds the mag a little lower down so the pocket completely conceals everything but the clip itself. I posted pics of it here a few months ago.

However, I am now in need of replacing my Crossbreed IWB dual magazine carrier. I reached out to Cook's to see if they would produce a dual carrier for me, but as of now, they only produce single magazine carriers.

SOOOOOOO....in the meantime, I am interested in suggestions for a dual single-stack IWB magazine carrier.

Would two single stack magazine carriers work for you?

It may not be a direct comparison, but I've found that two single (OWB) mag carriers are much more comfortable than a (leather or kydex) double carrier.

I emailed Snagmag to see if they offered a version with a pocket clip that is all black. The president wrote be back right away saying all clips are black now unless you specifically ask for the stainless steel finish. Better for concealment.

Milt Sparks Makes a great dual IWB mag holder. I use one for my 1911 mags. The lead time / wait can be long, but quality is unmatched.

Yeah, the Snagmag definitely has some ninja-stealth qualities to it. Not to mention it shaves time off of wondering whether or not your mag is oriented properly for the grab.

I remember Rob Pincus fumbling for a magazine in a video and This looked like a good fix. There really is no way of telling where the mag is unless you're wearing spandex. Note: never wear spandex.

Remora runs a deal where you get a free mag carrier with a holster -- usually 25% off the total order too. I just wait for a deal from them, they always come around. Last time (July?) I got a IWB holster and mag holder for my HK45CT for under 20$ shipped.

Back
Top Bottom