• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red Ryder BB gun

I like mine! Had one as a kid and the seal was so gone you could catch the bb with in your bare hand. My son brought one home for me last father's day as a joke and now I'm not sure the seal was all that bad on my other one. The new one can't punch through a can but it can dent it a little at 20 yards and you can watch the bb for the entire 3 seconds it takes to get there.

Get a BB trap from crossman, a 8" paper target with 4 targets per sheet, and enjoy some indoor shooting fun. You can get an adapter to mount a cheap scope.

I like mine! Had one as a kid and the seal was so gone you could catch the bb with in your bare hand. My son brought one home for me last father's day as a joke and now I'm not sure the seal was all that bad on my other one. The new one can't punch through a can but it can dent it a little at 20 yards and you can watch the bb for the entire 3 seconds it takes to get there.
New ones are less powerful, rebuild a few old models and the spring is much more powerful. The new ones are basically dumbed down .

Picked up ralphies christmas story bb gun at walmart for the Grand kids for $24,
Now amizon has them for $99......

1630289076528.png

There is an adult size stock version sold now by Daisy, which is nice. Mine has a “Chief AJ” adult stock, and his big loop lever too. It’s an awesome little plinker that will put a bb through both side of a can at 10 yards.

There is an adult size stock version sold now by Daisy, which is nice. Mine has a “Chief AJ” adult stock, and his big loop lever too. It’s an awesome little plinker that will put a bb through both side of a can at 10 yards.
They are what they are. Never designed to be powerful.
Before daisy cut a few pages from the manual to save $ they had a few pages on fundamental marksmanship.
Target distance 15' how to shoot prone, sitting , off hand.
Trigger control is laughable on the Ryder. You can work it over a tad but its not worth the agrivation.

Mine was strong enough to shoot out my neighbors windows when I was 10 years old. I couldn't tell they were breaking because they had their screens down.
I found out two-weeks later when they got home from vacation. It was fun while it lasted. lol 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

They are fun , toss a bunch of cans on the lawn and start plinking, once you get used to the long low left curve of the BB it will start going to the right.
They where built for 15’ people try shooting longer and say they suck.
On a good day any daisy red ryder variant made post 1970 will be 350fps tops
Closer to 300
Think of this Daisy makes a 499 ( red ryder variant) match BB gun and its only 250fps cause daisy knows pushing BBS fast does little in the way of any accuracy gains

The description says the BB has a range of 195yards.

Sounds a little exaggerated based on your experience and every other BB gun I have seen.

Screenshot_20210831-074655_Chrome.jpg

The description says the BB has a range of 195yards.

Sounds a little exaggerated based on your experience and every other BB gun I have seen.

View attachment 517883
My red ryder could go just about 100 yards with ease. We would shoot at the Tin shed at the back if the property, it would scare the birds off it or who ever was inside.
You could hardly see where they impacted.
It was a “artillery” hold for sure.

Back
Top Bottom