Reddit Videos Automatically Play at Full Volume

cockpitbob

NES Member
Up until recently any videos that automatically played on my computer or phone did so with no sound. Now if there's Reddit video anywhere on the page I'm scrolling through, it automatically starts playing with its audio blaring out my speaker. It will do this even if I haven't scrolled to that post yet.

Is there a setting somewhere to change this?

Thanks,
Bob

the solution is very simple. never go to reddit. it is not like you are missing out on anything
As with anything, it serves a purpose. I will say, Reddit usually gets me thru a few hours every night at work. Opinions tend to lean left . Which is fine, because I can see thru BS. Just like on here, I know when to not listen to the drudge report.
Sort by controversial on the comments. That's where to fun starts.

I have learned a ton from certain subreddits. Personal finance, TIL (today I learned), data is beautiful, and a bunch of machinist subreddits are some of my favorites.

Another interesting aspect is learning what other people around the world think. At least once a month I will see a generic question on the front page along the lines of: "non Americans, what was something you never knew about the USA until you visited" or vise versa about the world that Americans didn't know. Some interesting reading.

OP, what app are you using? I'm using Reddit is fun and see no setting for auto play videos, it may be a setting on your phone. No clue as far as your computer goes.

the solution is very simple. never go to reddit. it is not like you are missing out on anything
Endless Entertainment:
/r/The_Donald /r/NeutralPolitics /r/aww, /r/teefies/, /r/childrenfallingover, /r/thisismylifemeow, /r/catsarea**h***s

Various Programming and Software subreddits have become invaluable for me.

Sorry to go dark on this for a day.

I didn't explain this very well. This happens when I'm on NES. When I go to a thread that has a Reddit video in it, the video automatically starts playing with audio on. Here's an example in the funny thread. Even when my browser jumps to a post that's a dozen posts below this video, the video starts playing with audio, over and over. I have to scroll up to see who's making all the noise. If there are 2 Reddit videos in the same page they both play and I hear the audio from 2 videos at once.

I didn't notice when this started. Maybe a few weeks ago.

Update: This happens in Internet Explorer but not Firefox. I guess I can remember to always use FF, but would like to kill this problem if possible. I've been through all IE's settings I can find and the only thing I've been able to do is kill all audio, even audio I want.

rnet Options -> Advanced I can

Back
Top Bottom