Reeds Ferry Sheds or Not

feel free to contact me here or at the shop, i manage the Skip's Outdoor Accents Sutton Location and we have a few NES guys who have purchased from us, pricing is cheaper then most, including HD and Lowes... plus a purchase through me means, more guns for me!!!

Our new Post Woodworking 16x24 shed: basically one of the biggest prefab sheds we could find. Lot of options/upgrades.

It’s on a bed of gravel, then blue stone is being put down over top. We’ve asked about upgrading the ramp to something more substantial.

2C686D88-C101-42C7-BA66-46F0EBF674B8-L.jpg

Last edited:
These are nice. I have 2. One aluminum one steel. The all steel one I have looks just like the photo and I paid 5K+ for it. Not cheap!

What happened? I thought the trade imbalance w/ China had them piling up at the ports and they were looking to get rid of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Our new Post Woodworking 16x24 shed: basically one of the biggest prefab sheds we could find. Lot of options/upgrades.

It’s on a bed of gravel, then blue stone is being put down over top. We’ve asked about upgrading the ramp to something more substantial.

How do you keep critters from making a home underneath that?

Definitely do so with PT lumber. Mine was eaten away by insects, first holes in it were ~10 years in.

How do you keep critters from making a home underneath that?

You don't! It's also hard to keep them from making a home INSIDE sheds.

Reeds Ferry in Londonderry/Hudson N.H. is not very gun friendly. A gun shop near them complained that the customers from MA. put off by the gun shop's sign at the end of the road. the gun ended up moving because without his sign you wouldn't know the shop was there.

That's purdy. $10K ball park w/o site work?

What happened? I thought the trade imbalance w/ China had them piling up at the ports and they were looking to get rid of them.
That was literally 5 minutes after completion. We will attach hardware cloth around the perimeter, dug down a few inches. And “blue stone” to cover the gravel. Want to be sure there was enough room around it to clear snow with the tractor bucket.

Last edited:

I want one. That's perfect. How much?

The all steel one I have looks just like the photo and I paid 5K+ for it. Not cheap!
We have several shipping containers at the Hopkinton club. I don't know the exact amount but they were several thousand each, delivered, from Eagle.

These are nice. I have 2. One aluminum one steel. The all steel one I have looks just like the photo and I paid 5K+ for it. Not cheap!

5K for one seems very high, unless brand new. You can pick them up in NJ for a song. You can pick them up in Long Beach CA for FREE. Just need to pay the trasportation

5K for one seems very high, unless brand new. You can pick them up in NJ for a song. You can pick them up in Long Beach CA for FREE. Just need to pay the trasportation

That's the rub. You have to have a 40' undercarriage to transport these cans. Price what a round trip from NJ will cost you? You have to pay both ways as the undercarriage has to be returned. Start calling around getting prices for one delivered to your house and then get back to me. Everyone has a great price until delivery is factored in. I've seen them advertised on craigslist for as little as 500 bucks but you have to pick them up in Texas. I also thought you could get them for cheap until I started getting real prices.

For those of you asking about price, it’s right on their website.

We got Cohasset (even though my wife is not blonde and doesn’t drive an Audi SUV) for better snow shedding and more room above the joists, we store a lot of light, bulky items up there.

http://postwoodworking.com/pricing-lexington/

We added a bunch of extras like reinforced floor, a loft, overhangs, etc.

Last edited:
We want to paint the plywood floor. What have you used? Supposedly the two part Rustoleum Epoxy will adhere to it.

Update: Rustoleum Porch and Floor coating. Supposed to be pretty durable and quarts are available everywhere for any touch ups.

http://www.rustoleum.com/~/media/Di...loor/243999_porch_and_floor_reduced_size.ashx

Finding a few problems. Ordered an 8’ loft. They toe nailed the support studs, which are in pure tension. And the guy who installed it must have been a newb, because he put what should have been the outer support stud against the wall, so the last one, that needs the most support, has none. And the plywood is 13/64 so it bends like crazy.

Bought some nail plates, going to have to double up the plywood.

Ordered my shed with 12” joist spacing and double plywood. So what to they leave for a ramp? Dimensional 1” x 6” with 2x4 cross bracing. My 10x12 shed in Boston has full dimension 2x6. Told them to come get it.

Last edited:
Starting on a ramp. It’s going to be made from pressure treated 2x8 joists on 12” centers, and 2x8 decking. This should support all the accessories, if not our tractor.

How far apart should I space the decking? It’s fairly warm and wet so the building supply place said 1/8” would be fine. Don’t want it to buckle after summer rains.

Starting on a ramp. It’s going to be made from pressure treated 2x8 joists on 12” centers, and 2x8 decking. This should support all the accessories, if not our tractor.

How far apart should I space the decking? It’s fairly warm and wet so the building supply place said 1/8” would be fine. Don’t want it to buckle after summer rains.

If the material is wet butt it up tight, if it's dry space it an 1/8".

I looked at Reeds sheds and had to pass and am having a local carpenter help me with a 12'x16'.

I needed a main beem running the length of the shed for a wench to handle about 500 pounds and the highest the could get it it was 7.5' I believe which was to low for me. Plus looking at the materials they used just seemed to be the lowest grade you could get since it appears like "contractors" stuff. What I mean by that is when you build a house you are getting the lowest quality stuff unless you upgrade. Some may love there's but they were not for me.

I looked at Reeds sheds and had to pass and am having a local carpenter help me with a 12'x16'.

I needed a main beem running the length of the shed for a wench to handle about 500 pounds and the highest the could get it it was 7.5' I believe which was to low for me. Plus looking at the materials they used just seemed to be the lowest grade you could get since it appears like "contractors" stuff. What I mean by that is when you build a house you are getting the lowest quality stuff unless you upgrade. Some may love there's but they were not for me.

She must be one strong wench! [rofl]

For those of you asking about price, it’s right on their website.

We got Cohasset (even though my wife is not blonde and doesn’t drive an Audi SUV) for better snow shedding and more room above the joists, we store a lot of light, bulky items up there.

http://postwoodworking.com/pricing-lexington/

We added a bunch of extras like reinforced floor, a loft, overhangs, etc.

I just got a quote for a 16 x 24 Cohasset model shed with white cedar shakes, an 8 ft sliding door, and a few other upgrades for $19,500.

Last edited:
I just got a quote for a 16 x 24 Cohasset model shed with white cedar shakes, an 8 ft sliding door, and a few other upgrades for $19,500.
Wow why so much? If I ever spend that much on a shed, I better be planning to live in it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Wow why so much? If I ever spend that much on a shed, I better be planning to live in it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'll bet that the shakes over siding added a lot to it. Mine is cedar siding (not shingles/shakes). The house is cedar clapboard so it doesn't match exactly but close enough for government work in my book.

Don’t plan on storing the tractor in it, but wanted to make sure it could support the tractor. That way we can attach and detach implements.

Yes.

2BD11287-3AD2-49AE-BC70-6F2B2E7B2370-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom