? regarding carrying laws

I live in RI and I am applying for a NR-CC permit from CT & NH.
If I travel to a state like PA that does not honor my resd. RI permit, would a NR NH permit make me legal?
I am using this map to try and plan a rode trip on my motorcycle this summer.

Thanks everyone,

Ken

If you're planning on stopping for even a cup of coffee the best thing to do is to have a NR permit for every state you'll be stopping in.

If you're traveling through without stopping the you'll be covered by the Firearm Owners Protection act of 1986 ( Just "Google" McClure-Volkmer Act.) but any firearms you have must be cased, unloaded and stored - separately from the ammo - while you are traveling through.

Iffin' I omitted anything I'm sure there'll be a team of experts along shortly...

Good luck with yer trip !

Pennsylvania is a rather unique situation. The AG has issued a written opinion that the NH NR license meets the requirements of the law. In a classic example of the LE Urinary Olympics, the State Police refuses to recognize this and still arrests people found to be carrying on the license. While the cases tend not to get prosecuted due to the AG's opinion, is still an arrest that will live on your record forever.

Ken

In response to MrTwigg's post about FOPA.

FOPA will cover you for short stops for food and fuel. If you're at a roadside rest stop, and have the firearm secured as demanded by FOPA (locked trunk/case) then you are in the clear. However, don't be stupid and go screaming "HEY, JERSEY COP, I'M TRANSPORTING GUNS AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!"

If you're planning on stopping for even a cup of coffee the best thing to do is to have a NR permit for every state you'll be stopping in.

If you're traveling through without stopping the you'll be covered by the Firearm Owners Protection act of 1986 ( Just "Google" McClure-Volkmer Act.) but any firearms you have must be cased, unloaded and stored - separately from the ammo - while you are traveling through.

Iffin' I omitted anything I'm sure there'll be a team of experts along shortly...

Good luck with yer trip !

Ok thanks guys.I was just looking for some clarification. I don't think getting a NRCC permit from every state would be worth it.
But knowing that FOPA law really helps me.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom