• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Registration copy?

New owner here. Bought a shield over the weekend and realized I didn't get any sort of documentation for it being registered. Was I suppose to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New owner here. Bought a shield over the weekend and realized I didn't get any sort of documentation for it being registered. Was I suppose to?

Dealer normally gives you an FA-10 printout if the thing you got was a full firearm. (and not just a frame).

That said, as the buyer in this case you're not legally responsible for reporting the transfer, the dealer is, so even if they didn't do it, it's not your problem.

-Mike

you should have been given a copy of the f-10 by the dealer. They print off two for you to sign. One for you, & one for them.

Since the buyer is not on the hook for the transfer - Is there a reason to care?

Not particularly, but I would want to have some kind of record that I bought the gun at least. If it was me and I only got a sales receipt I wouldn't bother going back.

-Mike

Not particularly, but I would want to have some kind of record that I bought the gun at least. If it was me and I only got a sales receipt I wouldn't bother going back.

-Mike

This...and you are not registering the gun, you are registering the purchase...yeah I know, I know...[rolleyes]

Don't be afraid. Mike knows what he's talking about.

OP, you never said whether it was a FTF, or a dealer transaction. As said, the dealer is supposed to print 2 copies and give you 1 (at least it has always been that way when I purchased at any dealer). For a FTF transaction, the seller would have had to print you a copy of the E-FA10. I could be wrong on this, but I don't believe there is any provision to go back into the system to print one out once you complete the "registration", so you may be S.O.L. now if you didn't already get one. I personally wouldn't sweat it, but I can certainly understand why some people would want proof of purchase, especially in the crappy state of MA.

Contact your dealer and request copy of the Fa10.
if you bought FTF via person then they should have a copy.

personally i keep detailed records and FA10s for everything i acquire and/or sell. Its why God gave us google docs, scanners and excel/numbers.

IMO major reason to have FA10 is its proof that the gun was acquired legally.

Last edited:
I could be wrong on this, but I don't believe there is any provision to go back into the system to print one out once you complete the "registration", so you may be S.O.L. now if you didn't already get one

i've had an issue where the browser crashed before it printed when i was doing registration(i work at a gun shop). there is a way to go back in and get it, for example, if i registered something and the customer lost the paperwork, i would have to log in and retrieve it. it's not difficult, but has to be done by the shop that registered it, and not everyone knows how to do it. if you want a copy, try contacting them on a not-crazy-busy day.

Yes. Look in your box, sometimes they stuff it in their. If not call them, you probably left it on the counter and they have it. Assuming FFL purchase from MA.

i've had an issue where the browser crashed before it printed when i was doing registration(i work at a gun shop). there is a way to go back in and get it, for example, if i registered something and the customer lost the paperwork, i would have to log in and retrieve it. it's not difficult, but has to be done by the shop that registered it, and not everyone knows how to do it. if you want a copy, try contacting them on a not-crazy-busy day.

Thanks for that correction. Do you know if it can be done with a FTF type transaction, or is it solely for dealer access?

Thanks for that correction. Do you know if it can be done with a FTF type transaction, or is it solely for dealer access?

i'm not sure, i have a login ID and password, which allows me to pull it back up after the fact. i have not done any FTF transfers myself (since i can just do stuff at work) so my knowledge in that area is limited. sorry

Ive done efa 10s before on iPhones and you can't print it. What you need to do is call FRB and they will send an email of questions about the transaction(serial #, date, make etc etc)Just email them the answers and they will send you a PDF file you can print

Ive done efa 10s before on iPhones and you can't print it. What you need to do is call FRB and they will send an email of questions about the transaction(serial #, date, make etc etc)Just email them the answers and they will send you a PDF file you can print

Will the iPhone allow you to save the form as a PDF (BEFORE you hit submit)? If so you can Email it to yourself and print it out that way. That's the way PC users can/should do it.

i'm not sure, i have a login ID and password, which allows me to pull it back up after the fact. i have not done any FTF transfers myself (since i can just do stuff at work) so my knowledge in that area is limited. sorry

Only dealers can go back to a prior transaction.

FTF eFA-10 you can't. You might call and get FRB to send you a copy.

Will the iPhone allow you to save the form as a PDF (BEFORE you hit submit)? If so you can Email it to yourself and print it out that way. That's the way PC users can/should do it.

Thanks for the clarifications. This is all excellent information for those planning to do FTF transactions especially! I have only purchased that way, but never sold, so now I will know how to handle it when I do. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom