Reid Henrichs: The Shot Heard 'Round the World: Lessons for today from Lexington and Concord

Wake up call here again I guess..

Seeing this right next to the Gen Z thread. Not scared enough yet?

I'm a go post the screenshot in Funny Pics of the day.

I watch this guys videos everyday. I’m surprised youtube hasn’t banned him. I was actually thinking about training at valor ridge when I go down there for some land/house hunting. But since Missouri has said our guns laws are exactly what the 2A says, I gotta get there first, lol!

"...the colonial militia had been drilling; training for years. They foresaw a fight coming..."

"...the colonial militia had been drilling; training for years. They foresaw a fight coming..."

They lived in a different time. There were no police to speak of, the country didnt have an army, there was no guarantee of protection except from their own community. They trained because the enemy (France, Indians, Pirates, etc) were always at the gates and help was unlikely to come in a timely fashion.

While all arms owners should know how to use their firearms, its disingenuous to imply they were ready to overthrow the English for years, they just had a long history of a practiced and transferrable skill and applicable use in their own neighborhood when the time came.

So, you don't see a fight coming...?

No, I don't. I see a lot of angry armchair warriors who will say anything to each other while protected behind their internet anonymity but whistle a completely different tune when faced with the realities of war and society.

Life is more than the internet. Get out more.

Wasn't this the battle that moved through the woods and Colonials one by one came out of their homes as the fight went by and joined the fight?
i may be wrong but i don't think there were that many houses in colonial times between boston and lexington to muster the amount of colonists they say participated at the battle in concord.

No, I don't. I see a lot of angry armchair warriors who will say anything to each other while protected behind their internet anonymity but whistle a completely different tune when faced with the realities of war and society.

Life is more than the internet. Get out more.

I will. Thank you. What do you plan on doing Mr. Drix? You sound like a fighter...

i may be wrong but i don't think there were that many houses in colonial times between boston and lexington to muster the amount of colonists they say participated at the battle in concord.

Are you saying there weren't 70 houses between Boston and Lexington?

According to account, the British were met by 70 armed militia members at Lexington. At that time Massachusetts census was saying an estimated 300,000 citizens. The British dicked around for 4 hours in Lexington before going home which at point its estimated 2,000 militia were in the area. These aren't unreasonable numbers if you guesstimate a 15 minute mile and a communication network.

I will. Thank you. What do you plan on doing Mr. Drix? You sound like a fighter...

I'm going to keep training new shooters, supporting my 2a organizations like GOAL, comm2, FPC, GOA, and encourage others to do the same.

You can preach bugaloo all you want but you're just going to get erpo'd one at a time by the police. Social change comes by numbers; we don't have them. Trolling people you'll never see online and calling them names and being a contrarian dick is as helpful as you sitting in your office mumbling to "You take my stapler Ima burn this place down"

20 years from now y'all are going to be calling these the good old days because you couldn't be assed to get more responsible gun owners to protect the second amendent. As you stand on your soap boxes holding your zippo's cheering to burn this bitch down this bitch is renovating from a wood house to one of bricks and steel and you don't even see it.

But don't let me get in the way of your productivity, I'm sure you are doing something for the cause.

Are you saying there weren't 70 houses between Boston and Lexington?

According to account, the British were met by 70 armed militia members at Lexington. At that time Massachusetts census was saying an estimated 300,000 citizens. The British dicked around for 4 hours in Lexington before going home which at point its estimated 2,000 militia were in the area. These aren't unreasonable numbers if you guesstimate a 15 minute mile and a communication network.
nope, no argument here. i got my numbers wrong of how many assembled in concord. up until now i thought there were much more in waiting at concord. i was off by a few thousand.

nope, no argument here. i got my numbers wrong of how many assembled in concord. up until now i thought there were much more in waiting at concord. i was off by a few thousand.

Sounds like you heard the later quotes- certainly more showed up by the afternoon, especially after news of shots fired.

Not sure on the times for when revere's ride left and when the Brits got to Lexington and eventually Concord, but I'd imagine you could extrapolate a possible zone for who could have feasibly got there on foot basing off say a 17 minute mile.

Most of the citizenry of the time didn't join the Militia, the formal Militia that is. The majority were no different than most people today, just trying to survive, and almost ambivalent, until they were personally impacted. Militia, in terms if the Constitutional and period meaning, were not organized paramilitary, they were just men who had a gun and could be used to form irregular armies in a time of crisis. Just like today.

we can't even get people to miss work to go to a state house rally never mind join a well regulated malitia.

This was not a singular event where militiamen were like "Aw hell naw, they ain't takin' muh irons". These people had been pushed and pushed and pushed and the only thing that kept them operating as free men were their rifles. When the order came out to take those (and powder and boolats), their Go Time clock chimed and a couple guys hopped on their horses to spread the word.

Schools teach us that the Revolutionary War was about taxation w/o representation, tea, and just happened. In reality they sucked it up and dealt with the taxes, threw some tea in a harbor as protest, but otherwise still bought the tea, while they trained and planned and organized for war. If you think everyone today is too much of a pussy to form a militia, see what happens if you show up in the center of town on a given Saturday to work on marksmanship and marching. People back then banded together because singularly you couldn't survive, not well or for long anyway. In general today we don't have that level of need for community because the .gov provides emergency services. Head into the sticks and people learn to work together.

Fun story, a friend of mine lives in the sticks. He was working late when his wife called to tell him the door chime had gone off a few times. He called the neighbor to see what he knew, then headed for home. When he got home the neighbor was at the house with a rifle slung across his chest.

Who the hell's teaching history these days?

Well, my kid got into a discussion with a high school teacher, about us living in a democracy; my kid said we were a republic. Teacher said he was wrong.

He said: "Recite the Pledge of Allegiance."

Well, my kid got into a discussion with a high school teacher, about us living in a democracy; my kid said we were a republic. Teacher said he was wrong.

He said: "Recite the Pledge of Allegiance."

The teacher probably didn't know the Pledge of Allegiance.

So, you don't see a fight coming...?

Anywhere you find freedom you'll also find someone plotting to take it. Anyone able who doesn't diligently train their body and mind for a fight are doing themselves a disservice. In a free society, this fight is as sure an inevitability as the coming night. The greed and evil of some people knows no bounds.

This is why I love fighters so much. People who shoot, throw knuckles, kick, throw, and choke understand this implication that independence IS this necessity. That freedom isn't just enjoying your god-given rights, but being prepared to fight to the death to protect these freedoms is reality. Evil never sleeps, so neither should we.

I totally respect people for wanting to be pacifist. That's also your right. But their necks will be the first shackled, they are the canary in the coal mine.

Back
Top Bottom