• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reloaded Colt Gold Cup

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
This late model Colt Gold Cup was in for some upgrades and refinish. It was a pure factory stainless. First the front strap was high cut and serrated. The barrel bushing was replaced with a custom fit EGW, barrel crowned. The standard grip safety was replaced with an EGW. Mainspring housing (original was plastic) was replaced with a steel one and radiused on the heel. The hammer and sear are E2 barstock parts. All the rollmarks were flattened and the lines straightened before being treated with hard chrome. Magazines were hardchromed also.The grips are off the rack Kim Ahrends until the owner can decide on custom wood.
Gold%20Cup%20T%20gd%20072115-01_zpsmielhcai.jpg

Gold%20CupT%20gd%20072115-03_zpszfzfpj4i.jpg

Gold%20Cup%20Tgd%20072115-04_zpskuyze1ww.jpg

Out of curiosity what price range is the work, no gun included? I have a older 70 series in blue that is not stock that could be possibly updated.

Feel free to email me at my web-sight , I will be happy to talk to you about your 1911.

Feel free to email me at my web-sight , I will be happy to talk to you about your 1911.
Hello from Australia,and YES it is boring as F#*K in a country that has more Japanese tourists than kangaroos..Good thing bout it is the never ending bushland thats great to shoot as much as you like without neighbours thinking we are being invaded.I have a reletively brand new mac10 9mm that im thinking of having tricked up the same way as the colt in your pic.Everything is a nice shiny chrome other than the filthy looking magazines What would it cost to have them tricked up if you have the time..Just thought id ask as your work is amazing.
This late model Colt Gold Cup was in for some upgrades and refinish. It was a pure factory stainless. First the front strap was high cut and serrated. The barrel bushing was replaced with a custom fit EGW, barrel crowned. The standard grip safety was replaced with an EGW. Mainspring housing (original was plastic) was replaced with a steel one and radiused on the heel. The hammer and sear are E2 barstock parts. All the rollmarks were flattened and the lines straightened before being treated with hard chrome. Magazines were hardchromed also.The grips are off the rack Kim Ahrends until the owner can decide on custom wood.
Gold%20Cup%20T%20gd%20072115-01_zpsmielhcai.jpg

Gold%20CupT%20gd%20072115-03_zpszfzfpj4i.jpg

Gold%20Cup%20Tgd%20072115-04_zpskuyze1ww.jpg

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom