• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reloading bench privacy curtain

So today I got a repair man coming to look at my boiler. I really don't want him seeing my reloading area and all the gun stuff. Putting all that stuff away this morning was a real PITA. Any thoughts as to what you guys use in similar situation. I was thinking of some kind of curtain on a track system similar to what you find around a hospital bed.

So today I got a repair man coming to look at my boiler. I really don't want him seeing my reloading area and all the gun stuff. Putting all that stuff away this morning was a real PITA. Any thoughts as to what you guys use in similar situation. I was thinking of some kind of curtain on a track system similar to what you find around a hospital bed.

Welding curtain if you want something on a rod like a shower curtain. They are also fire rated.

A curtain will just invite snoopy people to look behind it. Man up and build privacy walls around your gun area to make it into a gun room.

hire only gun guys to work at the house. all my trades people and misc. labor force come from my shooting connections. if a workman knows what a press is he probably doesn't need to steal my stuff.

If the contractor should notice your setup or abundance of Hornady and Glock stickers, just tell him with a smile that now that he’s seen your setup… should ever there be a break-in at your house, you’ll have to give his name to the police as a potential suspect since he has been inside your house. Throw him a wink and give him a little chuckle so he thinks your joking around with him, but then look him straight in the face and say, “…but no, seriously…”

sometimes a little ‘mind Fvck’ is a good deterrent to life’s problems. 😉

I just put my Dillon Dust cover on the my permanently mounted XL650. I highly doubt they would even notice what the stacks of die boxes and miscellaneous parts are for. I keep the cartridges in 5 gallon buckets with lids and my bullets/powder/primers in my gun room under lock and key.

My experience is that I cover up the presses but something escapes concealment and the service guy notices and we end up talk about guns for an hour and my feet start hurting.

Just have a reloading session when he’s working on the boiler. ‘Accidentally’ mash a primer into a crimped cup so you have to dispose of it with a hammer...make sure to do it when he’s deep in thought.

My experience is that I cover up the presses but something escapes concealment and the service guy notices and we end up talk about guns for an hour and my feet start hurting.
Same here. Had a new hot water tank installed a little over a year ago and one of the guys noticed my reloading equipment which led to a lengthy conversation of shooting, carrying, reloading.....you name it.

I get it, none of his business. That said, my first thought on the thread title is: nudist reloader? That's a new one!

Cable guy was in last year and needed to access the gun room. I had a large black tablecloth that I used to tarp the opening to the double door closet. (Sliders, were removed for better access.)
He never asked. I never said.
Then again I don't leave servicemen unattended. Never have.

I get it, none of his business. That said, my first thought on the thread title is: nudist reloader? That's a new one!

Are you possibly suggesting that other people don't want to watch nude, morbidly obese, 75-year old men tug at their handles?

It's impossible to cover up my basement stuff for when the furnace guy comes in. He never says a word. I get the nod, he gets it done and heads out.

It's impossible to cover up my basement stuff for when the furnace guy comes in. He never says a word. I get the nod, he gets it done and heads out.
Same. Only person I was concerned about was an appraiser that came in last week. Didn’t say anything about my reloading stuff but I got the vibe he wasn’t a gun person at all.

But my oil guy is awesome and minds his own business. I don’t worry about him at all

Next house will have a dedicated gun/reloading room...not for privacy reasons but because I am too lazy to clean my my sh@t up and simply closing a door seems like a great solution.

Back
Top Bottom