• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reloading Benches

I have a desk (disassembled currently) and a work bench sitting in my storage bin. They are taking up space, make an offer and come get them. My current desk/bench is simply a 2x6 mounted with a single bolt through the rear of the desk top, so it doesn't alter the writing surface. Press can pivot out of the way.
Work bench pic is from the Internet, but it's virtually what I have.

Attachments

• desk1.jpg
    desk1.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 28
  • workbench.jpg
    workbench.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2x6press.jpg
    2x6press.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 2x6pressb.jpg
    2x6pressb.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
not as nice as the others but still A good bench for $50

Just saw this pop up, $50 work bench would be fine for a little reloading bench. Fall River.

dunno who posted it recently - but i wish i did it - a rather large solid steel 3/4" plate under the press, bolted to multiple boards.
i used a steel plate from the aftermarket mount - but it is not large enough to prevent bench movements when you deal with an excessively stubborn cases.

i ran a steel re-enforcement bars under the bench - but it is a half measure at best.

dunno who posted it recently - but i wish i did it - a rather large solid steel 3/4" plate under the press, bolted to multiple boards.
i used a steel plate from the aftermarket mount - but it is not large enough to prevent bench movements when you deal with an excessively stubborn cases.

i ran a steel re-enforcement bars under the bench - but it is a half measure at best.
More wight under the bench or lag bolt it to wall/floor. My bech is only with the weight of my bullets and some lead ignots it does not move.
If I had the room several of these facebook benches would have been in my garage already

I've got my reloading benchss lag bolted directly to my wall or welded right to my steel ceiling support posts. That about ends the annoying wobble issue. But in some circumstances you cant fix your bench to a wall. Need to figure out a method to rid my benchtop lathe / mill table of the wobble. Not a lot of options.

workplace i believe is the name of the tables. i have a single station one with the attachable shelving unit and my progressive sits on it. i store my dies on the shelving and loaded rounds. i poached it from work...no, i didn't steal it, the owner gave it to me with his blessing. this is heavy enough i didn't feel the need to lag it down. my wall to wall wood bench for my single stages and misc equipment...yeah, that's lagged. my workplace bench is half the size of the one pictured. not cheap, someone should grab one or two if they can.

Back
Top Bottom