Reloading for 308 semi

My understanding of fluted chambers is to increase the friction between the case and chamber under pressure while the case is expanded. This minimizes pressure on the bolt face allowing a cleaner unlock. Once pressure drops the case releases from the flutes and has less friction from the reduced surface area in contact.

My understanding of fluted chambers is to increase the friction between the case and chamber under pressure while the case is expanded. This minimizes pressure on the bolt face allowing a cleaner unlock. Once pressure drops the case releases from the flutes and has less friction from the reduced surface area in contact.
all I know is fired cases from a fluted chamber are not always noticeable before you run them into your die. So far the only 30-06 and 308 cases I have had stick in my dies are from fluted chamber and machine gun....of course I found this out after.

all I know is fired cases from a fluted chamber are not always noticeable before you run them into your die. So far the only 30-06 and 308 cases I have had stick in my dies are from fluted chamber and machine gun....of course I found this out after.
I would assume the stretch is quite odd and results in a case that won't resize properly in a standard die.

Back
Top Bottom