• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reloading Progress !

Jim Poulette

NES Member
I meant to post this earlier: no big deal to this group - but definitely reloading progress for someone just starting out.

(25', strong hand, S&W PC 986 2.5" - all shots DA) Right side is Rem 115g MC warm up shots, and the left are my first 7 9mm reloads (4.2 gr Alliant SP behind 115g XTP JHP, OAL 1.115") The first and last shots are the wacky ones - go figure.

The reloads have a totally different feel, sound, and burn infinitely cleaner. (the Rems do make a huge mess) A little lighter then most of the recipes - but I like it. This is definitely something I will continue to experiment with.

By the way - on the last shot the front sight fell out of the dovetail. I like S&W PC a lot.........but sometimes......... :rolleyes:

First_7_reloads.jpg

Like I said, these modern revolvers are amazing in DA. :D

The reloading thing continues to intrigue me. My only interest is 9mm & .44 Mag. After some experience at 9mm - I hope to move on the .44 fairly soon. I've got the dies, now I just need some supplies and some hours on the press.

Sounds like you are on a good path. Two suggestions:

1) Get a chronograph.

2) Load the .44 Magnum to .44 Special levels.

@RKG I was just looking at chronos last night.

Lots of options - but hard to imagine that any of them are really that much better than the rest. Most of the prices seem to be in the same ball park. I'll probably start with one of those USA made Competition Electronics. I have no interest in pecking on a smart phone - so a basic unit will work for me.

As for 44 spl in a snub - oh yeah.......:cool:

I doubt that you'll find anything more difficult to hit with than a snub nosed revolver, fired double action but it's very good practice.

Back
Top Bottom