Rem870 mag follower getting stuck! No longer a dependible HD

I just got an 18inch 870 w/ factory +2 mag extension (no dremmle tool bs). So the factory follower (high vis) is getting caught up in the mag tube at the spot where it transitions into the mag extension. Sometimes during loading, preventing me from loading round 5. And sometimes during cycle where rouds 1 and 2 cycle normaly, then the folower gets stuck and the remaining 4 shells just slide around in the tube b/c there is no spring pressure. This is really pissing me off, everyone talks about the reliability of the 870, and here i have one thats all stock, that i cant trust for HD. I dont know if the follower is to blame or the mag extension. Anyone have any experiance with this?

No experience. But it doesn't sound like it should be too complicated to fix it. I'm thinking a plastic burr on the follower, or the spring is bent out of shape along it's length, or possibly at the end of the coils. There could even be a bit of debris in it. There really isn't much else up in the tube it could be, is there? Is it brand new?

No experience. But it doesn't sound like it should be too complicated to fix it. I'm thinking a plastic burr on the follower, or the spring is bent out of shape along it's length, or possibly at the end of the coils. There could even be a bit of debris in it. There really isn't much else up in the tube it could be, is there? Is it brand new?

< 3 weeks old. Tube is spotless.

agree with redtail this shouldn't be too complicated pull it apart look for burs check out the spring

Last edited:
Look and see if there isnt a couple of oval spots pressed into the "normal" "non extended" "part that doesnt unscrew" tube about an inch or so back from the threads,. Some sandpaper wrapped around a dowel....

P1010032-1.jpg
Sorry about the crappy pic..but you get the idea

Back
Top Bottom